"Customize" and "additional css" is missing after updating to Pro

I have updated from X to the latest “Pro” version and under “theme options” the “customize” button disappeared, I can no longer edit the global CSS. Also under X, there was another button “additional css” that is missing in the new pro. is something mess up with my install or have these items moved somewhere?

Hi,

Can you provide us your site url so we can take a closer look.

For the mean time kindly review the link below.

Thanks

I have two “PRO” licenses and have gone through the updates process as instructed. I still do not have “customize” or “additional css” showing under theme options.

my URL is https://revivalbros.com

Hi There,

You should see CSS tab on Theme Options, if you cant see it, please provide your login credentials so we can take a closer look.

Please see img attached:

Hope it helps

I still don’t see the CSS or custom option in the image you posted.

Hi there,

The login details doesn’t seem to work.

Please double check.

Thank you.

sorry, not sure what happened there…

please use this one…

Hi,

We need super admin access to be able to check on this.

Thanks

okay the account has been updated to admin…

Hi again,

You forgot to include your credentials in a secure note, I’ve done it for you but for your own security please change your credentials as soon as possible. I checked your setup and found issues in your setup. Please check for the following first:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

2. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.

3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

5. Remove custom CSS, JavaScript.

6. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

Thanks.

Thank you for the response. However, I do not think any of this helps my issues. Also, is there anyone you can recommend to help set this up correctly?

1. I do not know what controls what. I have 2 “Pro” buttons. One goes to a home page that says " you’re using Cornerstone with X, but it is ​not validated". The other goes to an overview page that appears to be unlocked.
  2. I have theme options under the Pro editor that are different from what I find under “appearance\customize”. I have no idea what controls what because there are similar controls for buttons, headers, footers, etc.
  3. I finally found how to customize global CSS but it is not under the theme style options. it is under “appearance\customize”.

I am a designer, not a programmer and find this so confusing! please help me to get this to a point where it is automatically updated per the recommended settings.

Hello there,

We’re sorry to tell you that there is an error upon accessing your website.

This is an apache server issue specifically Not Acceptable Error 406. Please contact your hosting provider and ask them to resolve it for you. For further reading about the error, please read: Error 406

Once resolved, we can check your website for further investigation.

Thank you.

Hello,
According to my host (Host Gator) this is a security rule that is blocking your access. The host needs your IP to clear you. They will need your IP to clear you.

Hi There,

Regretfully we can not provide you a specific IP because most of us are in dynamic IP, we can not provide a IP range either because we are from different parts of the world, and we do not know who’s going to handle your thread next.

Your Content Builder (Cornerstone) is acting as standalone because it does not detect that you’re using PRO. The real PRO panel is the one on the top, the one in the bottom will be gone when we resolve the real issue.

Refrain from using Appearance > Customize, because we are kind of going away from that. Get used to the PRO > Theme Options

After we resolve all of this the Custom CSS area will be on PRO > Theme Options > CSS.
Of course you can also put custom CSS on the native Wordpress CSS area that is the Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS.

So here is your real issue:

You rename your PRO folder to pro-1.1.1 please login to your server via FTP or cPanel and rename that folder back to just pro

After you rename the folder login back to your admin dashboard and re-activate the PRO theme (Appearance > Themes)

The second issue is your PRO version 1.1.1 is kind of outdated, please update to the latest PRO version 2.0.1.

Updating Your Themes and Plugins

Remember to clear all caches (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) after updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Hope that helps,
Cheers!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.