Customising a column

I upgraded to Pro. Now & then, I notice there is a “customise” for a column or row with more options to select, like the padding, margin etc.

But how do I get it to appear? Sometimes I see it, sometime I don’t. I tried clicking a section, or row or column, but don’t know how to get to the “customise” to appear again…

Hi There,

In your Pro Settings, Enable Advance mode.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

Thanks Thai for your superbly prompt reply.

O boy, now I can’t get into Pro to edit any of my web pages.

As advised, I went into the Pro Settings > User Preference > enable advanced mode always. At the same time, I cleared the cache and updated the settings. When I tried to go back to my web pages to edit under Pro, it says:

“Oops! Looks like you’re trying to view something you’re not allowed to access. Check your permissions in the plugin settings.”

I then went back to change the Advanced Mode back to “always off”. I still can’t get into my web pages to edit in Pro. I have no problems getting into the normal “edit” page in wordpress (what do you call this?)

I’m locked out of Pro. Kindly assist.

Hello There,

Please follow up the steps below:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. Go to Pro > Settings and click on the Clear Style Cache button.
  3. If you’re using a CDN(ex: CloudFlare), please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services. For the CloudFlare you also need to follow the steps below besides the developer mode: https://xthemetips.com/using-cloudflare-rocket-loader-with-x-pro-and-x5/928/1
  4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  5. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options or Child Theme and test the case.
  6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.
  7. Increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

How to do that in your para 6?

Why is it that just because I did these 2 things I am locked out of Pro: (1) Enable Advance Mode,
(2) Clear Style Cache. Do you think my issue has something to do with one of these steps?

The question is I had no problems getting into Pro before - so my issue can’t be due to any of the suspects listed by you, right?

Do you think it’s easier to revert to Cornerstone?

Hi @iamwithU,

That shouldn’t affect your editing capability, would you mind providing your site’s URL and admin login credentials in a secure note?

I just like to check what’s going on.

As for 6, you can do that through FTP but please ignore that for now.

Thanks!

I’ve just put in a secure note. :blush:

Hi @iamwithU,

I can’t perform the analysis of the whole site prior to the changes made before. If you’re not sure with changes before this issue, I recommend restoring the site to when it still working okay. The CSS should hinder the editing capability, javascript could. But you may remove the CSS that you added from other threads and test it again.

I checked and I’m able to edit your products in the builder. And the reason other post types aren’t editable is because they are toggled off.

Is it intentional to only allow editing for products? Else, please turn them on again :slight_smile:

Thanks!

1 Like

Thank you Rad, for your timely rescue! I didn’t even know I toggled off those places. I had just clicked to explore what they were and had no idea it was to block my own editing!

Anyhow, I’m now able to get back to Pro. But how is it that despite enabling "Advanced Mode to “always on”, I still don’t see the customise section?

Basically, I want to check where are the unwanted margins of my “Classic Sections” in my webpage “Dine In”. If you see there, the top margins of the sections, such as “Meat” are far too big & irregular. I clicked each section, row, column in the skeletal mode and still can’t find what caused the extra space. Can you shed some light?

I so appreciate the strong & responsive support. :kissing_heart:

Hi There,

The classic element doesn’t have the Customize tab, it’s for the v2 elements only.

Please change the padding of Meat section to 0 instead:

And check the margin of Clear soup section:

You can’t leave the px to the top margin, it should be 0px:

Hope it helps :slight_smile:

Thank you Thai, for spotting the errors. I corrected all of them that I can find. But somehow the last section “sauces”, still has a wide margin on top. How is it that I can’t find this mysterious margin?

May I ask what is your method to find these margins or paddings? It was hard to use the editing panel and click - I don’t know if I am clicking a Section, row or column. The only way for me was to use the skeletal panel. But that means I can’t see the various parts of my website as they are.

Look forward to your tips.

Hi @iamwithU

I’ve checked your website with Chrome Inspector Tools and as you can see in this screenshot, the section before “Sauces” one has a margin bottom value that you didn’t override in the section settings, you need to enter a 0px value in the section settings to eliminate this margin:

Also, I’ll list some tutorials for you that should help you carrying on these inspections steps in the future:

Thanks.

hmm, the gap is still there, and I can 't find it. I have changed all top margins to 0px.

Can I use Safari’s Inspect Element?

Hi There,

The margin of Drink section is still not correct:

Could you please double check?

Thank you.

I see… I was just looking at the next section, and didn’t realise that the missing 0 in the previous section was the culprit!

You’re superb, Thai - appreciate the prompt & razor-sharp diagnosis! Thanks for working through the weekend to support us :kissing_heart:

Glad we were able to help :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.