Customisation of shop page

Hello,

How can I add some content above the WC Shop page? I managed to do somthing but this is not really a clean solution. What I did is:

1. Create a page with the page builder
  2. Select this page as the WC Shop page
  3. Hide the title “Shop” with some CSS

Here is the result: https://v2.unikpieces.ch/encheres-new/ (pwd: unikpieces)

However, I can then not edit the content in the page builder anymore (expect if I unselect this page as being the WC shop page) and I did not manage to reduce the spacing between the title of the page and the header.

Is there a way to build a page with Theme Pro and the below it add the shop page without the title?
Moreover, I’d like to know how to remove options from the selection in the filter dropdown menu?

Thanks,
Antoine

Hey Antoine,

Regretfully, the Shop page could not be edited with Cornerstone. You will need to do some WooCommerce custom development in order to achieve your design. You can use WooCommerce shortcodes to display products to a Cornerstone built page but it won’t be the same as WooCommerce’s Shop page. It would be best to consult with a WooCommerce shop developer for this.

One tip I can give us you can use the theme action hooks to add your content on certain parts of the theme or WooCommerce. For instance, you would hook into woocommerce_before_shop_loop to add content below the header. You can either use code for your content or the content builder (Cornerstone) through the use of Global Blocks. Once you’ve finished your global block, you can use the do_shortcode function of WordPress to output that block to PHP function or template files. Here’s a sample code.

add_action('woocommerce_before_shop_loop', 'content_above_products');

function content_above_products() {
		echo do_shortcode( '[cs_gb id=1796]' );
}

Just note that the code above is not intended to be copied and pasted exactly as it is.

Thanks.

Awesome, thank you so much. I might be able to follow the direction you explained. I guess I will find the shortcode associated to the global block once I will have created it? Never done it before…

What about removing options from the selection in the filter dropdown menu that you can see on that page, could you please explain me how to do this?

Thanks,
Antoine

Hi Antonie,

You can get the shortcode from here

With regards to removing options, you can try this third party plugin

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

You are most welcome!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.