Custom Sidebars

Hi There

I know that we can customize sidebars for different pages which is great but I wonder if this is possible.

1. Create a sidebar for specific category (taxonomy) of post - (this appears to be possible).
  2. Add widget Archive - is it possible to just add the archives specific to the category selected.
  3. Recent Posts - is it possible to just add the archives specific to the category selected.

For Example.

Say I have 4 Categories.

Cats
Dogs
Horses
Cows

I make a sidebar for the Cats Category.

Cats
On that sidebar I want to put the archives and recent posts for cats only
The sidebar only shows up on posts in the Cats category

I make a sidebar for the Dogs Category.

Dogs
On that sidebar I want to put the archives and recent posts for dogs only
The sidebar only shows up on posts in the Dogs category

My question is, is that possible to do?

I know their are other plugins that can do this BUT i would much rather use what comes with Pro.

Many thanks

Kind regards

Hey Eileen,

1. Yes. For the Category Archive Page, select the Categories under Taxonomies and for the Single Post, select Posts under All Pages and Posts.

2. Using the Archive widget, I think no.

3. Yes. The Recent Post shortcode has a Category attribute so you can show posts only from a specific category. Shortcode setup looks like this [recent_posts category="audio"]. For more details, check out the Recent Posts documentation: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/shortcodes-recent-posts/173

Hope that helps.

Hi There

Thanks for your reply. Shame about the archive but the other 2 points should work out ok.

You’re welcome!
We’re glad @Christian were able to help you out.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.