Custom Sidebars Missing

Hi Team X

I have followed the instructions here: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/features-unlimited-sidebars/95 and created 2 custom sidebars, I have assigned these to 2 different categories as well as adding different widgets to each - but they are not displaying. I did trying some trouble shooting - activating X instead of the child theme/child theme css, no luck.

Would love a some fresh eyes to review and help troubleshoot please.
Thank you.

Hi there,

I checked your website and found out that the WordFence plugin caused Javascript error in the Appearance > Widgets page. I disabled that plugin so that I could check the case.

I spent some time and found out that the layout of the site is not set to have sidebars for archive pages. You need to go to X > Launch > options > Blog > Archives and make the layout to use the global settings and not Fullwidth:

I changed that and saved the settings and now the sidebar shows for the Category pages.

Thank you.

Thank you Christopher - appreciate your time :slight_smile:

I made the edits as suggested in options but still the single blog posts do not display the custom sidebars.
I have left wordfence disabled - can you look at these two pages specifically:

Hi there,

You added the sidebars to taxonomies and those are the Archive pages. You will need to assign those sidebars to individual posts if you want to have them in the single mode by going to Appearance > Sidebars.

Thank you.

Thank you Christopher - that worked perfectly for the single posts, I understand now the difference.
But I am unable to get the sidebar on the single portfolio for Events

• is there an setting to activate a sidebar option for portfolio items?
  • and if not can we add anything under the current social share on the right side of the current portfolio page?

Hello There,

Thanks for updating in!

By default there is no sidebar in each of the portfolio page. If you want to add a sidebar widget, please check out this thread for reference.

Hope this helps.

Thank you - appreciate the detailed instructions. In the end we enabled the MEC plugin to handle the events and it’s working GREAT :slight_smile:

Cool, glad things sorted out on your end now.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.