Custom sidebar on post with specific category

Hi, I want to display a custom sidebar I created only on single posts that have a specific category.
I’ve setup this category in the sidebar creation page but it does not show up on the post page.
Is there a hook I can connect it to or some other solution?

Hi @marijn,

Thank you for reaching out to us. You want to display a custom sidebar on a specific category’s archive page right? You can do this by selecting your category under All Taxonomies section (see screenshot)

You can find All Taxonomies section in Appearance > Sidebars page. Make sure you’ve selected a layout with a sidebar in the Theme Options > Layout and Design > Content Layout

If you want to display a custom sidebar on a single post then under All Pages and Posts select your post to display your custom sidebar.

Sidebars that can be assigned from Admin > Appearance > Sidebars are displayable to where it’s assigned. The taxonomy selection will let you only assign a sidebar to specific taxonomy, like example, the category page (/category/music/) will have that sidebar, but not at the post that has music category.

To learn more about Sidebars feature, please see https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/features-unlimited-sidebars/95

Hope this helps!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.