Custom shop page can't be edited after update of Pro

Hi!

I can’t edit my custom shop page since the latest update of Pro. I can’t do it back-end or front-end. Cache plugin has been turned off while testing. What to do?

https://monroedesign.se/en/wall-decal-shop/

Also, since the Pro update, the English version of the page (see image) shows the Swedish page title in the Chrome tab bar.

Hey @Lobsterass,

I checked and it looks like a caching issue. You said you deactivated your caching plugin before updating. Did you clear all caches too? It is hard for us to troubleshoot in your live site because something might break. With that said, please try the following yourself.

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

2. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.

3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

5. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.

6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

7. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

If nothing helps, please copy your site over to a staging server so we could troubleshoot freely. We could do troubleshooting in your live site but please bear in mind that troubleshooting procedures will affect the operation of your site.

Thanks.

1 Like

Hi @christian_y!

I’ve done all that you suggested now. The problem is solved when WooCommerce is disabled. Once WooCommerce is turned back on, no editing can be done on the shop page again.

So, as far as I understand, this must be a new conflict between the latest version of Pro and WooCommerce. I know you guys are busy but I hope you prioritize solving this bug.

I’ll leave you login to my staging site below. Feel free to test whatever you want on that one.

Thanx.
<3

Hello There,

Thanks for updating in! This is not a conflict with WooCommerce and the theme. Please keep in mind that as soon as you assign any page as your shop page, you cannot edit it with Cornerstone. WooCommerce runs its own template which is why it is no longer possible to edit the content in Cornerstone.

If you will need to edit the page, you may deactivate WooCommerce or unassign the page as your shop page and re assign it again after making the changes.

Hope this explain it briefly.

1 Like

OK, I had no idea about this change. I used to be able to edit the shop page just like any other page. Maybe this should be written in here somewhere, cuz it’s a time consuming and confusing problem to solve. Maybe I’ve missed the memo?

Anyway, I know it know it now and I’ve tested it. It works. Thanx for the info!

<3

Hi @Lobsterass,

Nothing has changed. Since Cornerstone was launched, you cannot edit the WooCommerce Shop page with it.

You might have custom templates or functions in your functions.php which allowed you to do that. This is not possible out of the box.

Thanks.

1 Like

OK. Thank you for explaining all this to me. :slight_smile:
<3

You’re welcome.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.