Custom post type can't edit after update

Hello, I speak with a lot if stressed X and Pro users who claim that after the update CPT are not editable anymore.

“the new permissions system in pro won’t allow builder capabilities on any CPT with exclude_from_search set to true”

I have many several sites which CPT which I did not update yet (I always wait a bit) but for sure I like to update now. Is this issue one your team will be addressing?

Thanks
Ronald

Hi RPronk,

Please check the FAQ section of the Release Notes, there is a new feature called Permission Manager which is the new place you need to enable the Cornerstone for the custom post types.

You need to go to X > Settings to access the Permission Manager:

Thank you.

1 Like

is it that simple? That would be great. BTW my name is still Ronald :slight_smile:

Hi Ronald,

Apologies for that mistake on behalf of my college. Could you please try granting permissions for your custom posts types and let us know if you can edit your post types.

Thanks!

Ok i have a deeper understanding now what the issue is. The reason why i am asking the question is because many people seem to have this problem. For me i will be working on a number of sites with CPT in the near future. On a test install i added the plug-inn CPT-UI and made a CPT. But i understand that manual made CPT has the same problems. As soon as you put the setting “exclude from search” on true or on from that moment the CPT will not appear anymore in the PRO setting tab, therefor you can’t allow PRO editor to this new CPT.

What seems to work is the following procedure. Put the CPT temporally on “exclude from search off or false”, give permission on the PRO setting for this post type and then change the setting back to “exclude from search” on true or on

The problem clearly is as soon as the setting “exclude from search” on true or on from that moment you won’t see the CPT in the pro setting tab so you can’t change any value

Thanks

@alexander Mind throwing in your 2 cents? I know your args in get_post_types are causing this, just curious if that was intentional.

I found this out earlier this week when a number of people reported not being able to edit classic global blocks anymore. My plugin has the CPT excluded from search, so they can’t enable the Pro builder on it.

Ok it is 7 days since my last reply. I find this an important issue. Did someone read my last post 7 days ago?

Hi @RPronk and @michaelbourne

I’ve passed this one onto Alexander for further investigation.

Thanks for your patience and sorry for the delay.

Hi there,

I can confirm this is true. Unfortunately it only pulls through public types. The next versions of Pro and Cornerstone include this filter:

cs_get_content_types_args

You can use it to modify the query parameters when we call get_post_types to create that list. This is currently available in the beta version you can download from your dashboard page if you’ve opted into beta testing.

1 Like

When will the ability to assign custom post types for editing using Cornerstone be available. I have several LearnDash courses and lessons which I was able to edit using Cornerstone before. Now these cannot be edited using Cornerstone and new ones can’t be created using Cornerstone. The older ones created with Cornerstone still display correctly on the front end. I had thought from this thread that the next release would fix this problem, but I update to X 6.2.1 and Cornerstone 3.2.1 today and the issue remains.

Hey @cbordages,

Based on what @alexander has said, you will need to use the filter like this:

add_filter( 'cs_get_content_types_args', 'unsearchable_post_types');

function unsearchable_post_types( $args ) {
	$args = array(
	   'exclude_from_search' => true
	);

}

After that, Cornerstone will allow CPTs that have exclude_from_search set to false to be available in Settings. You will still need to enable your post type from there.

Hope that helps.

1 Like

@christian_y

Thank you. That PHP code works perfectly.

You’re welcome.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.