Custom Javascript not working and Nav not staying fixed

I had an old child of X theme working with a fixed header and custom javascript effect that had a large overhanging logo that changed to a smaller one after a certain scroll position. After the upgrade the javascript is still there, and the Navbar position is set as “Fixed Top”, however the nav is not fixed and the large logo is not overhanging and the scroll effect is gone. Any ideas what may have happened?

I commented out the custom javascript to at least get rid of the large logo that was pushing the entire navbar to a huge height; however the nav is still not fixed. I see that I am getting a console error too.

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in!

It seems that you have updated X and forgot to update Cornerstone. Could you please update to the latest versions?
Our latest versions are:
- X theme 6.2.5
- Cornerstone 3.2.5

This latest release contains fixes for several issues so be sure to check out the changelog (http://theme.co/changelog/).

_After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches (if you are using WP Rocket, WP SuperCache or W3 Total Cache) when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.-

Please let us know how it goes.

It is not clear what version of Cornerstone I am running or how to update. I checked all links in dashboard/plugins/Cornerstone and only get in information page. I checked Dashboard/X/Cornerstone but don’t see any information about version or updating. I did hit the “update” button on the bottom and got a blank screen. Can you please point me to the download of the current version of Cornerstone? Do I need to unistall it and reinstall it as a plugin?

Hi again,

You can check the version of Cornerstone via WP Dashboard > Plugins section (see screenshot)

For an older version of Cornerstone you’ll see a notice regarding the update, just click the update now link:

Alternatively to run an update, visit Dashboard > Updates in your WordPress dashboard.and you should see the Cornerstone in the plugins list, just check Cornerstone plugin and hit the update button

Also see https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62

Hope this helps!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.