Custom footer: remove menu from footer & insert into full width section

Hi there,
My client wants this: a double footer in two colours similar to this:

When i enable Footer Widget Areas, i can only get a vertical menu, which will not suffice. So i’ve created a section at the bottom with a Navigation Element and put the footer menu in there. The problem now is that i cannot get this this section to be full width ,even though Fullwidth is selected in Theme Options and I have done custom CSS to that section to say width: 100% ! important - still no luck. I searched and found another post here in the forum that advised to on the page, select the template Blank - No container, Header. Footer - when i do this, the section shows up full width, but then another section higher on the page with the countdown timer and a registration button simply disappears! When i set the page template back to Fullwidth, save the page i have open with the all the sections in layout and clear the theme cache, that section re-appears. More X-Theme bizarre behaviour :frowning: I’m too scared to refresh the page with the layout on where i can still see the section that disappears in case i lose that section completely.
How can i make the section with the menu in full width please, without losing other sections on my page?

Also, how do i remove the menu out of the footer please? In Theme Options i’ve moved the slider button to Footer Menu - Off - but the menu still displays. Please see below an image of my footer:

Then just lastly, back to the first example of the footer - see how there is a logo in the bottom left corner? How can i insert a logo in that position, please?

Thank you & kind regards,
Carin

Hello Carin,

Thanks for asking.

Can you please give us access to your site? I got the URL from your licence manager page however upon opening it’s seems that you have activated under construction page.

Thanks.

Hello there,

I’ve removed the ‘under construction’ decoy - please go ahead.

Thank you.

Hi Carin,

Sorry but, is that site above a staging site or just a draft page? That address is giving me 404 page.

Anyways to make your section fullwidth, use the Blank - No Container, Header | Footer template.

Then turn off the Row’s Inner Container option

The missing sections are probably because of the custom CSS you added, please remove those custom CSS you added that has something to do with the section.

The sections should just be there (if you have not deleted it).

And also please update your X and Cornerstone to the latest versions to avoid incompatibility issues.

Updating Your Themes and Plugins

Cheers!

Hi,

“The sections should just be there (if you have not deleted it).” - i could not agree with you more. Why X does these weird things is just beyond me :frowning:

X and Cornerstone were updated a couple of weeks ago.

I see that even though i selected the page template on the page, once in Cornerstone a different template was selected - once the page template is selected in Cornerstone, the fullwidth sections worked as hoped.

It seems that X is full of all these little loopholes and idiosyncrasies which makes it incredibly frustrating to work with. What I mean is that an option is in plain sight to select. But then what one doesn’t know is that it will not work there, you actually have to select this option elsewhere, or actually change the CSS, or purge the cache before it works - i wish there was documentation to point these things out to make using this theme easier. Or just remove the controls that do nothing.

Hello There,

Both the X settings, page settings and in Cornerstone settings should be working with no issues. Any setting you change should work effectively and immediately right after saving your changes. ​To assist you better with this issue, please provide us the url of your site with login credentials so we can take a closer look and investigate this issue further.

To do this, you can create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.