Custom fonts breaking Pro Editor

I’m trying to use the Font Manager to upload and utilize custom fonts on my site. When I upload a particular font (Garamond Light Italic) it breaks the Pro Editor – meaning, all the control option go away and the panel on the left goes white. I didn’t have this issue with a different font, uploaded right before this one.

I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong here – any guidance?

Hello @williamscreativegrou,

Thanks for writing in!

Uploading the fonts should not crash your Pro Editor. It may only happen it there is a fatal error or a JS error present on the page. Would you mind providing us access to your site so that we can check your settings? Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Cheers.

Sure thing, thanks so much for the help. I’ve added a secure note with that info.

Hi @williamscreativegrou,

Thank you for the credentials, even though the custom font Garamond is in Media library I don’t see it on the font manager (when you try to define the custom font). Please try to reconfigure the custom font Garamond but this time, try with all plugins deactivated.

You might not able to upload a woff or woff2 file because of Wordpress security, if this is the case, please setup a child theme and add the code provided by Jade here to your child theme’s functions.php file. This will allow you to upload woff or woff2 files.

Also, I see that the issue is particularly happening with the text advantage in the BROWN advantage on the homepage. Please delete that text and re-add it again after you re-setup the custom font.

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

Hi, I’ve just tried all of those things, and I’m still having the same issue with the Editor not working. What else can I try?

Thanks for updating the thread.

I created a test page on the website and in that added text element. After that I assigned Garamond font that’s added into Font manager. Once I assigned the font text editor is breaking and it’s completely blank (only the elements panel). Post reloading the page it’s working fine though.

I checked the server configuration and please do the following:

1. Increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server to 512mb. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.
  2. Try to reinstall Pro Theme by deactivating and deleting current Pro Theme from Appearance > Themes. After that from members area download latest version of Pro Theme and install the same to website and test the case again.

In case problem is still there please share FTP details in a secure note for us to take a deeper look.

Thanks.

Thanks, I’ll increase the PHP Memory Limit. But I do not want to delete the current theme – in doing that, I’ll lose the current customizations and work I’ve put in.

Leave you child theme as is. All your modifications were added in the child theme. Just re install your Pro theme manually. To do so, please check out “Manual Updates” section in this knowledge base article:

Kindly let us know how it goes.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.