Custom Fonts and Theme X

Hi guys,

1. From reading on the forum it looks like the combo between Font Manager and custom fonts is a no go, is that correct?

2. Following this thread https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/adding-custom-fonts-to-font-manager/18330 I managed to add the custom font to be displayed in the X > Launch > Templates > Fonts section, but when selected, it doesn’t take affect (“WHO AM I”):

It does work, if I apply it with css:

* Custom Fonts (inputed in style.css)*/
h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, .h1, .h2, .h3, .h4, .h5, .h6 {
font-family: 'AquaGrotesque', san-serif !important;
letter-spacing: 1px !important;}

Is there a way to have this work without forcing it through the Global CSS editor so I could take advantage of the “Text Format” settings under “Headline” (if I wanted to make custom changes for different headlines)

1. Something else related to font color -> when I set the color for body and content https://prnt.sc/iuk3a9, it doesn’t apply either, have to force it with CSS again:

body, p, input, button, select, textarea {
color: #777777;}

Any idea why this is happening?

link: https://petardopchev.com/about

Hi,

1. That’s correct.

2. In your text headine element, please set font family to headings so that the font selected for headings will apply.

1. You need to check your elements font color. It has higher priority.

For example in your about page, the first paragraph I can see that you have set black color for the text color of your text element. So that will override the body font color.

Hope this helps

1. Thank you, that definitely helped - didn’t notice I had set a custom color for it.

2. “Headings” still does not change the font to the custom one! It gives Roboto (which is the font in the Font Manager, although it is disabled). I am noticing the same thing on another website - the new “Headline” picks up the font set in Font Manager, although it is disabled.

3. Also, when I activate Font Ninja plugin, you can see Montserrat there as well, although non of the visible text is that font https://prnt.sc/iv537a Any idea why it detects that font?

Thank you!

Hi there,

1. I checked and your font assigned to “Heading” is still Roboto. But yes, I see your custom font assigned to your font manager is the custom one. But headline element picks up the font assigned through Admin Bar > X > Fonts. The Font manager is for global or default settings only, and each element could have their own local setting than the font manager.

But again, it will not work since the new font system is different and that customization to enable custom font is now not applicable.

1. Font plugins will not populate or won’t be added to theme’s fonts.

Thanks!

1. So are you saying that there is no way to disable the Font Manager? And there is no way to assign a custom font through Typography > Headings?

2. Seems like there is a miscommunication here. I was wondering why the plugin detects a font, which is not set anywhere in the theme…

Hi There,

1. Possible that there is a plugin running somewhere on your site that is using that font (Montserrat). I did check all of your pages though and none is loading the (Montserrat), I do see Raleway and Droidseref on the homepage. Please contact the Font Ninja plugin support or consult the documentation, they might able to tell you where is the Montserrat font coming from. It could be from the Font Ninja plugin itself.

2. Add this to Theme Options > CSS

h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, .h1, .h2, .h3, .h4, .h5, .h6 {
	font-family: "AquaGrotesque", Lato, sans-serif;
}

Enable the Font Manager and set your Headings Font to Inherit, your text/headline element font-family should also be set to inherit (default), so it will use the font we set above (AquaGrotesque).
Else, declare it as !important so all your headlines (h1 - h6) will become Aqua Grotesque font, regardless of the font-family you select from the dropdown font menus.

Using Templates > Fonts is out of the picture because you can not add your custom font in there, only fonts that is from Google Fonts or Typekit.

Hope this shed some lights,
Cheers!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.