Custom font not showing correctly on all pages?

I’ve been using a font called Din-Condensed on my site for a while now, however I have created a new page and this font does not show correctly.

I created another page and copied the page template from the first page. This worked for a couple of minutes but then also the font did not show correctly.

This is the HEADING font (HELLO) I want https://becomeanathlete.co.uk/

This is the broken (all headings) page https://becomeanathlete.co.uk/cyc

Is there something I have done?

Any help, very much appreciated.
Thanks,

Hi @philgreen,

I can see you have added it as custom CSS using @font-face on Theme Options. The custom font is not loading on that other page.

I would recommend to add custom font using the preferred settings instead. Here’s a detailed guide found on our youtube channel.. Please also subscribe to the channel for more guidance and tips and tricks on development.

Thank you for this however I am following the youtube video but still cannot upload a .woff or .woff2 font file.

I receive a message saying “Sorry, this file type is not permitted for security reasons.” Please attached two screen shots.

I really would like use this font. Please could you help.

Kind regards,
Phil

Hi Phil,

That’s a WordPress security feature, please see the solutions here. Try the second method first (define('ALLOW_UNFILTERED_UPLOADS', true);) that seems to be the fastest one.

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers!

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.
I tried the second option, this did allow me to upload the .woff file however please see screenshot that shows the futon has uploaded but does not appear in the media library to then select.

Have I done done something wrong?

Many thanks, Phil

Hi Phil,

That was actually a known bug before but that has been resolved. Would you mind updating your Theme to the latest version?

Updating Your Themes and Plugins

Remember to clear all your caching features (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) after updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

If the issue persists, please do a testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

You can also, follow this suggestion I provided here before. But we still strongly advise updating to the latest version.

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers!

Hi, Thank you.
I am trying to upload another .woff font file.
I can successfully upload it however the font is not correct when I select it as a headline font.

Kind regards,
Phil

Hello Phil,

To better assist you with your issue, kindly provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Thanks.

I will do this now. I have attached some screenshots to show the issue.
The font in the previewed font in the font manager is correct however it is not the font that shows on the page when I change the font to Rift.

Thank you for your time, the staff help on the forum is amazing.

Phil

Hey Phil,

Currently, when using a custom font, you need to save the page and reload the builder. I tested this in your site and it works (see secure note). I’ll post this in our issue tracker though so maybe this can be improved in the future.

Hope that helps.

1 Like

Hi. Thank you. I will not be able to check this as I’m only on my phone. But thank you very much for you time on this. Really appreciate it.

Phil

No worries, Phil. Take your time.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.