Custom Font - not selectable in Media Libary

Hi, i can’t select any custom font in the media libarty - upload work - Wordpress 5.1
how i can select it?

thank you

Hello @domturbo,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

I tested the custom font upload on my local setup in X Theme and Pro Theme, it’s working fine and I don’t see any issues with upload. As there are multiple licences it’s difficult for me to take a look at the website in question over here. In that regards, please try out following:

1. Please make sure that you are using latest version of X Theme, Cornerstone or Pro Theme. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  3. Increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

Hello, this is my problem:

i can’t select the uploaded font in the Media lib.
Wordpress 5.1
Cornerstone 3.5.0
Theme x: 6.5.0

any idea?

to upload i have activate in the wp-config.php
define(‘ALLOW_UNFILTERED_UPLOADS’, true);

thank you

Hi There @domturbo

Could you please try following this solution (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/install-google-font-lato-locally/50332/25?u=mldarshana) and if that helps.

If not, kindly provide us with your URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the secure note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

Yes, as i test it out. with an ttf it work. not with woff and woff2 - i have to load an webfont, by from an other website.

i hope with tff all load fine - hope

Hello @DomTurbo,

In order for the font to work, you will need to upload .ttf, .woff, .woff2, .eot and .svg files.

The recommend file when using the Custom Font in the Font manager, you must upload .woff and .woff2.

Hope this helps.

Yes, but i can’t select the fonts.
I can only select the fonts with format ttf.

so :slight_smile: how to do

i know, that i need all woff, eot, svg …

Hello @domturbo,

I went ahead and logged in to your site. WP Extra File Types plugin has been installed so that you can easily manage which file types you want to allow to be uploaded in your site. Please go to Settings > Extra File Types and select the font related file types so that you can select it when you upload the file.

Please let us know if this works out for you.

Done, but not work.

;( no idea to embett the font…

Video: https://screencast.com/t/xV8AT2pnCa0

Ajustet the Plugin, to allow .woff2, .svg, …

Thank you

Hello @domturbo,

Please make use of this solution instead:

Hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes.

I Use a not google Font for this Project, so i must include … so idea how …

are there any short soluton, to add per CSS and override an Font Manager class?

thank you

Hello @domturbo,

You can use custom css but you still need to upload the font files in your server. You may need to log in to your ftp to upload the font files.

By the way, in the thread, Google font were used as a test sample in uploading the .woff file. With the detailed instruction, you are supposed to use the file that you are trying to upload.

Hope this helps.

I’d like to add additional information on this. The solution suggested in the other thread does not only apply to Google Fonts. It also applies to custom fonts. If you’ve downloaded a Google Font and upload to your server, that is the same as a custom font.

i have importet in global CSS

@font-face {
  font-family: 'MyWebFont';
  src: url('webfont.eot'); /* IE9 Compat Modes */
  src: url('webfont.eot?#iefix') format('embedded-opentype'), /* IE6-IE8 */
       url('webfont.woff2') format('woff2'), /* Super Modern Browsers */
       url('webfont.woff') format('woff'), /* Pretty Modern Browsers */
       url('webfont.ttf')  format('truetype'), /* Safari, Android, iOS */
       url('webfont.svg#svgFontName') format('svg'); /* Legacy iOS */
}

also added in global CSS for Headlines:

@import url('https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Titillium+Web:300,400,600,700');
h1, h2, h3, h4 {font-family: 'Titillium Web'}

so it work for me - i think with fontmanager not loading Google Font rigt, or i have make some missconfigurations … don’t know.

Still it work for me.

thank you

Hi @domturbo,

Did you try with this alternative solution yet?

Let us know how it goes!

yes with the provided CSS code i have embettet it.
now it work fine.

so i think, somtehing in the settings in X is wrong on my page - but i have not time to fix it :smiley:
thank you for your support - now it work for me - with Global CSS and CSS code. :slight_smile:

You’re welcome @domturbo ! Glad to know it works now. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.