Custom CSS & Visual Composer Stopped Working

WordPress 5.2
X Theme 6.5.5
WPBakery Page Builder Version 6.0.2 (X Theme Extension)

Hello, I took a look at my site (http://thetroublewithmaps.com) the other day and noticed that my spacing of columns, rows, padding, margins, etc. that I had set up with custom CSS was all off. I went into the X Theme customizer and can see that that custom CSS is all there, but it appears to have stopped working. When I went into my dashboard to edit the home page, what used to look like easily editable content bands for me is now just a bunch of code that I cannot decipher. It seems Visual Composer has been disabled al together. When I attempt to edit the page with WPBakery, it tries to load but never succeeds. At this point I have no option for editing the page or its content. Can you please offer some advice? This sort of thing has recently happened with all of my Wordpress sites out of nowhere (no activity or changes on my end) and I’m not sure why. Thank you.

Hey Lauren,

You might have updated before the X 6.4 version where the Legacy X Integration was disabled. The reason for that was stated in our previous release notes. Here’s a quote.

Regarding your content converted into shortcodes, please watch this video for the reason and fix:

Hope that helps.

I was already aware about the Legacy X Integration option and had tried checking and unchecking that several times. There was no chance there. When I go to edit the page there is no option for Visual Composure at all, as I usually see when editing pages. It seems to have disappeared entirely. I tried deleting and re downloading Visual Composer several times but still not change. I’ve attached an image of what I see.

Hey @laurenrundquist,

​To assist you better with this issue, would you mind providing us the url of your site with login credentials, if necessary, so we can take a closer look?

To do this, you can make a post with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password (only if necessary)

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Thank you.

Hi @laurenrundquist,

I checked and it seems to be working now.
Have you figured it out?

Thanks

Unfortunately that is not what it looks like for me. It looks like the screenshot that I sent you. Perhaps it is an issue with my browser? Do you have any advice?

However, the Custom CSS is definitely not working. Everything was positioned properly before but now all of the margins/padding/spacing are broken. It seems my CustomCSS that was previously working is no longer influencing the design.

Hi @laurenrundquist,

I’m another staff and the editor is loading fine on my end:

I could see that you’re using a cache plugin on your website:

Could you please purge/clear all the caches and check again?

Thank you.

I did that and tried again and no change. I can see your screenshots where things look right but unfortunately, for me, it still looks like the screenshot I previously sent. Are there any plugins your recommend deleting? Any other advice?

Hi @laurenrundquist,

Can you try it on a different browser or different device. I checked on two computers and 3 different browsers and it still looks fine on my end.

Thanks

No change. Regardless of what my page edit view looks like, why would my custom CSS not be working also?

Hello @laurenrundquist,

Could you please share your custom css so that we can check it and even test it in our own local testing servers and see if it works for us or not?

Thank you in advance.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.