Custom 404 - glitch

I have installed the Custom 404 plugin. Enabled to show a specific 404 page.
Problem is when I launch header or menus editor within Pro I am presented with the 404 page in the editor itself. No way I can access header or menu.
I’m still able to open and edit pages using Pro. But header and menu is a no go.
Ideas why this is happening?

Thanks

Hi @giusep71,

I have tried this on my test sites and I can’t seem to replicate the issue. My Pro editor loads fine even Custom 404 is active and assigned to a page.

Can you provide us your wordpress admin login in Secure Note so we can take a closer look.

Thanks

You are granted access.

Hi There @giusep71

I’m not sure what went wrong on your header. However, I have created an exact copy of your header and then assigned it as a global header and then it started to function again properly.

Hope that helps.

That helps a lot! Thanks.

As we’re here, the header which was triggering that bug was set for “ALL PAGES”. The copy you made is set to “GLOBAL”. What’s the difference with ALL PAGES?

Hey @giusep71,

Thanks for providing that information. You need to use Global for the 404 page because it’s not a regular page.

Hope that helps.

Yes thanks and the header set to global it does work well.
Can you please refer to some info on what GLOBAL does as to opposed to ALL PAGES?

Regards

Hey @giusep71,

Global, as the name suggests, applies to all of the pages (not just the page post type) including special pages like the 404 page. All Pages applies to all page post type. The 404 page however is not a page post type though you see the content you’ve built with the builder.

What happens there is the Custom 404 plugin just gets the content of the page and outputs it in a special template. See https://codex.wordpress.org/Creating_an_Error_404_Page

Hope that helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.