CSS file instead of inline

Since you closed the ticket…

Is there any native way to put the code infront so I can apply it to all rows in an easy way and implement?

Why do we even have a child theme css file if it doesn’t override the parent?

I’m sorry about that. After 10 days all tickets get closed due to inactivity automatically. There is not a native way through X or WordPress to add another stylesheet that loads after the generated CSS. The child style.css does override the base theme stylesheet. It just doesn’t override the generated styles that come from your theme options and page elements.

Here are some suggestions:

1. Write your styles to be use stronger selectors than the generated ones ( https://css-tricks.com/precedence-css-order-css-matters ). Even though your styles will load first, they will still take priority this way.

2. Or use some custom code in functions.php to load the stylesheet later.

function my_child_theme_x_after_head_css() { ?>
  <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="<?php echo get_stylesheet_directory_uri() . '/style.css'; ?>">
  <?php
}
add_action( 'x_after_head_css', 'my_child_theme_x_after_head_css');

I wouldn’t recommend number 2 since it will make your site load a bit slower, but it’s closer to what you’re looking for.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.