Css customization are gone

Hi,
I just updated x to the latest version 6.2.5 but all css customization are gone.

In theme options there used to be a section with custom, thats where i put all my customization in.
After the update this section is gone. I managed to get the former version back (6.0.4) and copied all my codes.

Since I built a lot of other websites in x with the same structure I don’t want to have this problem again, what’s wrong with this latest version?

regards, Astrid

Hi Astrid,

Yes, the location has been changed

Please see screenshot for the new location

For future reference kindly check changelog before each update

https://theme.co/changelog/

Thanks

Thanks for answering, I know this new location, it was already in the older version too.
But do I have to put/move all my custom codes from ‘custom’ into 'global css" before updating the theme?

Hi,

No need to move the custom css codes. It is saved in the database and it will be carried over when updating the theme.

Though we always recommend that you review the links below and create full backup of your site before updating your theme.

https://theme.co/changelog/

Plugin for backing up

Thanks

I do use updraft indeed, but I want to change these codes afterwards in the new theme-version, in the section ‘extra css’ there were not visible anymore

Hi,

Can you provide us your wordpress admin login in Secure Note so we can take a closer look.

Then provide us the exact location where you added the code before and what code have you added.

Kindly note that for elements like Section, rows and columns etc you will be able to add inline css and element css nder Customize Tab

See screenshot

Thanks

In the former version my codes are in custom, see screenshot, i sent the log-in by secure note

Hi There @lumijans

Upon checking, see that your custom CSS are already there.

It’s under X -> Theme Options -> CSS area.

I think the place you’re referring to is, Appearance -> Customize -> Custom which is no longer part of X theme.

Hope that’s clear.

Ok, thanks, it was rather hided.
What is the best place to put codes now? At this place (Theme Options -> CSS area) or in the customizer > extra css?

Hi There @lumijans

Glad you were able to locate it.

X -> Theme Options -> CSS area, is the place that you need to use, to manage all of your custom CSS rules.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.