CSS? Can't see Author's Meta on post

Hi, Im working with this plugin on my site, I have two subdomains and english and spanish. The plugin organizes a “glossary”. My spanish subdomain shows the Author’s Meta for a post, my english subdomain does not. I’ve tried everything and this Author’s meta remains off. Can anybody help me?

Hi there,

There is no author meta added on the English glossary page. This could be something in the setup of the plugin you are using. Regretfully, we cannot provide support for third party plugins due to the fact that there is simply no way to account for all of the potential variables at play when using another developer’s plugin or script. Because of this, any questions you have regarding setup, integration, or troubleshooting any piece of functionality that is not native to X will need to be directed to the original developer.

Thank you for your understanding.

I contacted the Plugin Manufacturer before posting this. They looked into it and tell me this is a Theme Issue Not a plugin issue.

This is what they answered:

Also, listen to what you yourself are telling me.

There is no author meta added on the English glossary page.

If this is the case, how come its showing on the spanish? Is that not weird to you?

Hi There,

Yes, this is a weird issue that the Spanish version is showing the author but not the English, perhaps you did not turn On the Post Meta option on the Pro > Theme Options > Blog

The author on the Theme should be output inside the <p class="p-meta">, but this is not the case on your glossary posts, this means that it’s the plugin that is responsible of outputting that author element.

Hope this helps,
Cheers!

I definitely did turn on the Post Meta on Theme Options before writing you. So wired. I will send this to the Plugin Manofacturer. Thank you for this.

You’re most welcome.
Please let us know how it goes.

This is what the plugin manufacturer wrote me back, he is convinced its the theme’s behaviour:

Hi there,

This has a very simple test. Please change our theme and use the standard WordPress theme temporarily. This will make sure that our theme is not in action, then please check the case and see if the problem persists. If yes then it is definitely not related to our theme.

If no, then it might be a conflict between our theme and the 3rd party plugin. Although this is outside of our support scope and we can not guarantee a fix when it comes to a conflict with 3rd party plugin but we will do our best to find the problem cause and report to you. For that, you will need to give us the login information of your theme using a Secure Note and you need to give us detailed steps that we need to take to recreate the issue.

Thank you.

When I switch to the native theme the Author meta does not show on either blog.

More importantly now, when I go back and reactivate my Pro, and its child theme **

non of my sidebars show up.

I inactivated all my plugins and and CSS and the problem continues.

Any chance you can tell me why this is happening?

Hi @TaverasJose

You didn’t add widgets to the “Main Sidebar”, please add any widget to this sidebar and you will get them appearing in the “Glossary” page sidebar.

I checked both versions of Glossary page and I couldn’t see the author meta in either of them, I wonder if you have any update regarding this issue?

Thanks.

You can’t make this stuff up. I just spent like 2 hours on it. Activating and deactivating the theme moved all my widgets to a different sidebar and I did not notice that.

About the glossary:

The Spanish subdomain Glossary Term (not the index) offers the Authors meta data:
https://doctablet.com/espanol/glossario/aldosterona/

the English subdomain Glossary Term does not.

The plugin manufacturer is convinced this is a theme issue. I updated the Pro theme version and it continues. If it is a conflict between the theme and this Plugin the question is:

Is there a way to offer it in both? ( I need these two sites to be mirrors of one another)

if this is not , if there a way to remove it in both?

Hi TaverasJose,

I can see you have added the widgets back again, so that resolves the sidebar issue.

Regarding the glossary term issue, I’m pretty sure it has something to do with the custom code added in the child theme functions.php, while testing that on your website (by removing the code and recheck) I got this response from the server:

And I got the functions.php file empty after that, don’t worry, I saved a backup copy of this file before I started working with it, you can find the backup here. What I need now is FTP login details (please provide that in Secure Note) so I can re-add the code into this file again and continue debugging this issue.

Thanks.

I put it on the thread

Hi,

It was one of the functions in child theme functions.php file, it was like:

if ( function_exists( 'coauthors_posts_links' ) ) {
    coauthors_posts_links();
} else {
    echo get_the_author_posts_link();
}

I’ve edited it to be like:

$post_type           = get_post_type();
    if ($post_type == 'glossary') { $is_glossary_page =1; };
    if ($is_glossary_page !=1) {
      if ( function_exists( 'coauthors_posts_links' ) ) {
          coauthors_posts_links();
      } else {
          echo get_the_author_posts_link();
      }
    }

Now, on both language version, the author isn’t displaying, the reason why I chose to hide it is because on the English version the post isn’t being detected as a glossary custom post type, however, it’s being detected correctly as a glossary post type on the Spanish version, I’m not sure why is this happening but this could be for two reasons, either the plugin isn’t compatible with your multisite installation, or there is another plugin that is conflicting with WordPress here.

Thanks.

Thank you kindly.

You are welcome :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.