Css breaks when upgrading to PHP 7.3

Some of the css is broken after trying to upgrade to PHP 7.3. The menu looks weird and fonts css is broken

After going back to PHP 5.6 the menu looks ok but some page formatting problems occur and the fonts do not work porperly. Site origin Page builder will not work either.
I have returned to an older version of X temporarely for the purpose of making the site to look visally ok, but Site origin Page Builder will still not work.

Hi @kludrik,

Thanks for the credentials, this style issue is a confirmed bug in the past, but we’ve already been able to fix it in the latest release. Since you have downgrade your X theme and PHP version, we cannot confirm if it’s a different one.

It would be best to setup a staging site to test the update. On this stagig site, please try to update PHP to 7.3 and also update theme and plugins. Get back to us with the credentials inside a secure note so we will investigate it there. This way, we can troubleshoot without affecting the live site.

Remember to clear all your caching features (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) after updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

I have now installed PHP 7.3 and activated latest version of X. X prompt me to activate but returnes a white blank page when I paste the earlier purchased activation code. The menu and font css is now wrecked and Site origin Page Builder is still not present in editing of pages.

Hi @kludrik,

I checked your setup and the first thing I noticed was the Cornerstone version was way too old and not compatible with the latest version of X. This might be causing the issue. I tried to update the Cornerstone plugin but it isn’t working I then tried to upload the plugin via FTP but the credentials you shared aren’t working either.

Please connect to FTP on your end and upload the fresh copies of X and Cornerstone and see if this resolves the issue. If the issue remains try re-installing the WordPress installation.

Let us know how this goes!

I uploaded Cornerstone via ftp and now the css is ok under PHP 7.3. However SiteOrigin PageBuilder does not work. I have reloaded the siteorigin plugin but it still do not work.
It is still not possible to activate X with the lisence.
Any suggestions?

Hi @kludrik,

The SiteOrigin PageBuilder isn’t part of the theme or cornerstone, perhaps you could contact the plugin author about the issue?

And if you’re referring to the cornerstone builder, it will not load since it’s created in SiteOrigin page builder. And even if you re-install both theme and cornerstone, it will not fix the issue since it’s not related to that builder. It’s best contacting the plugin author.

The it will not validate since your license is still assigned to the IP URL instead of the actual site’s URL.

I recommend assigning the correct URL in your Apex license page.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.