Critical page builder issues NEED HELP ASAP!

The page builder can never display the preview.

We recently changed images on the site so we have a lot of 404s but that should not affect the page builder? And I can’t fix them since the page builder doesn’t work.

Hi there,

We are here to do our best to help you out regarding the problem you are facing. Before we delve into the website would you please kindly get back to us with the result of the steps below:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.
  3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  5. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options or Child Theme and test the case.
  6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.
  7. Increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.

Kindly get back to us with the result of the tests above and the name of the page which you checked the case.

Thank you.

Already done

And nothing is changed since before, we deleted all images to remove the /year/month/ structure.

Hi there,

There are missing images and SVG files on your site. And with just 404 error, it could slow down the site which maybe causing the preview not to load completely due to timeout.

How about fixing those missing image and SVG first (through FTP) ? Some SVG could be existing but not supported by the host resulting in 404, so you may consult your hosting provider.

I also noticed that if I deactivate the Logo translate plugin, the loading speed a bit faster too and the builder works often. I recommend disabling other plugins when you test it again, it could be just performance issue too. Are you on shared hosting?

Thanks!

Hi Rad,

Yes, the 404 we know about and that we´re trying to fix. All is fixed expect headers and block element. But we tried to fix this in phpmyadmin with SQL queries without success why doesn’t this work with the page builder?

Regarding 404 is slowing down and could cause the time out you´re right but hard to fix if I can’t update them on the site.

Loco translate ok thanks will disable that and tryout!

No, we have our own VPS server.

Hi there,

That could be due to cache, plus, like what I said, maybe the files are existing but not supported by your host hence it responds with 404. I see the similar issue before, and he had to add SVG mime type in his hosting’s configuration. Though, I can’t verify any of that as I’m not sure the internal structures of your site.

Are those files present on your site but the URL is just wrong? How about contacting your hosting provider and see if they can find any issues regarding the changes in the database that won’t take effect?

Thanks!

Rad,

I master the VPS 100% myself, and then we have activated SVG/xml and display. My opinion is that you guys try to take the easy way and just blame for other things. We have all settings correct when it comes to SVG, so please leave that.

Cache issues it can’t be, cachewall is off, server cache is off, browser and database cache plugins are off, Cloudflare is in development mode. So stop blame on external resources and try to solve the problem.

Just got this message: https://tppr.me/e0hHx

The issue is not the 404 the issue is the page builder which you is “responsible” hosting provider has nothing to do with the page builder not working in this case. We have already flushed I/O disk memory to cater down so now my last thing is contacting you and you keep on sending templates which is annoying when I’m not stupid and search in the forum before I contact… So …

Hi there,

We’re trying to narrow down the issue by eliminating the possible causes one at a time. We’re not blaming it for anything and it’s not a conclusion, it’s just part of troubleshooting and since we’re not familiar with your hosting environment then all I could provide is the recommendation.

Plus, there is no reason to prolong this issue if we already knew the cause. And before we can go to the second step, we need to do the first one first :wink:

Since there is no way we can eliminate possible causes one by one, then I’ll just continue checking but I can’t promise any good result. And there are similar issues before whereby fixing 404 and forbidden URLs fixed the builder issues, so I just thought if we can do the same by eliminating them first.

Is it okay to get a copy of your site through All in one migration plugin? I’ll just install it on my local for testing as I don’t have any issues with my installations (local and live).

Thanks!

I’ve solved everything and what I learned now is that something in htaccess is causing the issue. If I use the default, it works much better than all other tweaks. Is there any way you guys can ignore htaccess rules in the page builder?

False alarm regarding htaccess, still having huge issues.

Hello There,

Could you please send us the copy of your .htaccess? And please make sure that your Site URL and WordPress Address URL in Settings > General is correct and the same with the WordPress dashboard URL.

Thank you in advance.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.