Creating Preset Blog Templates

Hey there,

I just watched the ThemeCo tutorial on ACF and Global Blocks.
I remember before my time with ThemeCo and Pro that I’d directly edit the content in the blog php single page to make sure that whatever I put in shows everytime a new blog is created and more importantly, changes on ALL blog pages once edited.

But this means custom CSS without Cornerstone and the awesome features of Pro.

I was wondering if there is a smarter way to do this with Pro & Cornerstone without having to use loads of time editing code/CSS in .php files!?

Hello Nico,

Thanks for writing in!

As of now you can’t use the Cornerstone or Content builder to edit blog index page layout. However, our developers are working to come up a solution that one can use to design blog index or portfolio archive pages. I am not in a position to share the ETA but it should be out soon.

Having said that if you are looking to create blog posts using Cornerstone or Content Builder then the same can be done from Permissions manager. To do that please navigate under X > Settings > Permissions > Administrator > General and select Posts.

To learn more about Permissions Manager, please take a look at following resource.

Thanks.

1 Like

Thank you for the info, this sounds exciting!

I’m looking forward to that update/release.

Regarding turning on the permission for posts, this still means editing an individual post with Cornerstone but not necessarily editing something that will duplicate to other created posts, correct?

It simply gives the ability to edit blog posts with Cornerstone, correct?

Hey Nico,

You are most welcome.
Yes, you are correct. It simply give the ability to create/edit blog post using Cornerstone.

Regards.

1 Like

Ok, got it.

Is there any reason why that is not active by default?

Hi Nico,

No definite reason except we offer it as an option same with portfolio. It is only available by default for pages.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.