Creating custom layout

Hi, I’m trying to get a sidebar on my website, but I want it to be in a certain way. If you go to my website, palilastudio.com the way the sidebar looks is exactly how I want it to look. That look I created by using the layouts on the page. The problem with doing it this way is that I cant layout the rest of the page the way I want. I’m attaching an image to better explain.

So my question is, is there a way I can get the layout the way I want either through on the page or by changing the layout in the customizer. Problem with doing it that way is the sidebar shows outside of my boxed area and I want it to appear as if its built into the page.

TIA,
Rena

Hello Rena,

Thanks for writing in!

Please keep in mind that the default page layout is using two columns. The left side is for the main content which is editable in Cornerstone and the right side is the sidebar area which would consists of widgets and you can managed these widgets in Appearance > Widgets.

To achieve what you have in mind, you will need to use Blank page templates so that you will have the entire page as the main content. To know more about page templates in the theme, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/features-page-templates/50/1

Once you have selected the Blank - Container or Blank - No Container page template, you can start lay outing the page in Cornerstone. You can create a section, rows and columns. If there is a row that you want to have a sidebar, you may do so. You can even insert a widget area to display some of your sidebar widgets.

In your desired layout, you can have a section, two set of rows with different column settings. The first row could have a 2/3 + 1/3 set up and the second one could have a 1/3 + 1/3 + 1/3 set up.

Hope this make sense.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.