Creating Custom layout issue

So I am creating a custom layout for a payment page and I got it but the information for the page is not in the middle like I want it.

https://www.hgrantdesigns.com/payment
I am not sure what I am doing wrong.

Layout is chosen as well.

Hi,

I checked and it seems you have copied a template with a sidebar.

Can you provide us the entire code in your custom template.

Try to copy wp-content\themes/x/framework/views/integrity/template-layout-full-width.php instead.

Thanks

This is what I have in my template under views

<?php > // ============================================================================= > // VIEWS/INTEGRITY/TEMPLATE-LAYOUT-FULL-PAYMENT.PHP > // ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- > // Fullwidth page output for Integrity. > // ============================================================================= > get_header(); > ?>
  <?php while ( have_posts() ) : the_post(); ?>
    <?php x_get_view( 'integrity', 'content', 'page' ); ?>
    <?php x_get_view( 'global', '_comments-template' ); ?>
  <?php endwhile; ?>
</div>
<?php get_footer(); ?>

I can also provide another file but it has my api key which i don’t want to put out there.

I copied that code from the full width layout as well

Hi Howard,

I still see that the .left class has been assigned to your template.

Since you’re using a caching plugin, try purging your server cache and see if that helps. If not, try disabling your CSS and JavaScript minifications temporarily and re-test your issue further.

If you’re still having issues, provide us with your WordPress credentials along with your FTP credentials in a secure note to check your issue further.

Thanks!

info attatched

I want to put the content that is UNDER the footer into the middle section that says “payment”

Hello Howard,

Thanks for writing in!

First of all, you have been editing the parent theme which is not the correct way when adding a customizations. Because what you are trying to accomplish requires a template customization, we would highly to suggest that you use a child theme. This allows you to make code changes that won’t be overwritten when an X update is released.

After your child theme is setup, please review how we recommend making template changes in Customization Best Practices.

Once you have your child theme active and ready, please follow the following steps below:
1] Using Notepad or TextEdit or Sublime Text or any text editor, please create a new file in your local machine.
2] Insert the following code into that new file

<?php

// =============================================================================
// VIEWS/INTEGRITY/TEMPLATE-LAYOUT-FULL-WIDTH.PHP
// -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
// Fullwidth page output for Integrity.
// =============================================================================

get_header();

?>

<div class="x-container max width offset">
    <div class="x-main full" role="main">

<?php while ( have_posts() ) : the_post(); ?>
        <?php x_get_view( 'integrity', 'content', 'page' ); ?>
        <?php x_get_view( 'global', '_comments-template' ); ?>
      <?php endwhile; ?>

</div>
  </div>

<?php get_footer(); ?>

3] Save the file named as template-layout-full-payment.php
4] Upload this file to your server in the child theme’s folder wp-content/themes/pro-child/framework/views/integrity

You will need to create the folder path since it does not exist in your child theme yet.

Hope this helps. Kindly let us know.

Ok I did as you said and the information is STILL under the footer, what else can be causing this?

I got it working! Thank you so much

You’re welcome!
Thanks for letting us know that it has worked for you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.