Creating a customised HTML Template page using child theme

I trying to create a custom home page. I have created a page using Dreamweaver and want it to be my home page… ive looked around … and some people recommend doing this using a child theme.

So ive installed the X-child theme and Ive uploaded the folders and files to my website. i have also created a template page I see the page pulling up in the attributes dropdown.

BUT when i load up the page its not pulling up the CSS, images or JS even though I have called the appropriate folders into the page ie CSS and JS.

1 Like

Hi There,

The custom CSS should be put under style.css locates in your child theme or Customizer > Custom > Global CSS.

And the custom JS should be put under Customizer > Custom > Global Javascript.

Hope it helps :slight_smile:

Hi,

I tried creating a template page, added Template Name, and then the page is showing in WordPress dashboard under template dropdown, although I am unable to view any of the content in it. The page is showing to be blank.

I’ve placed this template page in my x child root directory. Please guide me.

Thank you.

Cheers

Hey @nitin,

X / Pro was built using modern WordPress theme development techniques therefore it is critical that you understand things like a theme wrapper. We have a guide to customize X here but note that we do not have support for theme customization.

Thank you for understanding.

1 Like

Hello @christian_y

Thank you for the revert.

Yes, I am well aware that X theme does not offer any customization support. Anyways I will try to figure out some way to create an HTML template.

Thank you!

Cheers

You’re welcome. Cheers! :slight_smile: