Create teampage from template

Hello

I am looking for a team-page for our organisations new website: www.dyne.dk

How do I find and import X-theme’s templates for creating a team page or simply a block?
From the controlpanel > X > Demo content is available, but i remember a team page/block in the earlier versions a few month back.

I am e.g. looking for a team page, that could look like Renew’s version:

Can i somehow use it?

Hi There,

Thanks for the info!

We are really sorry but there is no such option to import only a page from the demo content.
However, there is a trick you can apply to make it happen.
Just install the demo content http://demo.theme.co/renew-1 to a demo setup or a local setup,
Download the team page as cornerstone template and create a team page on your site, then import the cornerstone template to the page.

I believe you are comfortable working with cornerstone template.

Hope this helps!

Thanks

Thank you.

I am now used ‘setup demo content’ for renew-1 as recommended. (http://demo.theme.co/renew-1)
But i am unaware of how to download the ‘Team’ page, so it becomes available to use in Cornerstone.

Can you please help me with that step?

SS, can’t see the demo content’s pages etc.

Hi there,

Hmm, I can’t find it either even from old or new installation. I’ll check if I can get the team page.

Thanks!

Thank you.

I hope you can find it or another solution that will do the job.

Hi There,

We will be looking for a solution and get back to you!

Thanks

Thank you, but it doesn’t help much yet.

I don’t know how to import the demo ‘Team page’ or other demo content, after the recently updates.

I just followed the recommendations, and switched to “renew-1” via ‘Setup Demo Content’ as my Screenshot refers to.

“Just edit the team page in cornerstone where you have imported the demo content.”
I don’t know how to import, besides the actions i did from the X-menu.
Please help with all the first steps, until your descriptions

Hi there,

Apologies for the confusion. Importing Standard Demos such as Renew 1 will only import the homepage to your setup unlike the Expanded Demos where you will get all the pages that are shown on the demo sites.

If you want to have a page with the same layout as the Team pages in Renew 1 demo, you will have to create the page on Cornerstone.

The Team page for Renew 1 is easy to make though as it uses the same elements. You will just need to create one block and clone and edit the contents.

The first element in each block is a Classic Custom Headline element where the text is aligned to the left and the accent option is enabled. Also, the heading level is h1 and looks like option is set to h2.

You can close the classic custom headline element and just change the looks like option to change their font size that fits other rows in the demo.

Next would be the team member info boxes. For that, you will need to add a Classic Promo element in each column.

Set the photo of the member at the Promo Image field. Then for the Content, it will have shortcodes which are headline, some texts, a gap, a button, and some social icons. To make it easier, try using this as the Promo Content as a guide:

[custom_headline type="left" level="h5" looks_like="h5" accent="false" class="mtn"]Hansel <small>| The Chairman</small>[/custom_headline]
<p>Founder of the company and all around great guy. You can find him on his days off planning the next big thing.</p>
<p>[button type="flat" shape="rounded" size="mini" href="https://linkedin.com" title="Example" block="true"][x_icon type="linkedin"] | Connect[/button]</p>
[gap size="25px"]
<a href="#facebook" title="Like Hansel on Facebook">[x_icon style="text-align: center; margin: 0 0.25em; font-size: 1.5em;" type="facebook"]</a><a href="#twitter" title="Follow Hansel on Twitter">[x_icon style="text-align: center; margin: 0 0.25em; font-size: 1.5em;" type="twitter"]</a><a href="#facebook" title="+1 Hansel on Google">[x_icon style="text-align: center; margin: 0 0.25em; font-size: 1.5em;" type="google-plus"]</a>

Hope this helps you get started.

Would you guys mind helping with the spacing etc.? :slight_smile:

https://dyne.dk/folkene-bag/

Hi There,

You can add a Spacing Helper Class on the <p> tag

e.g.

<p class="mbs">Founder of the company and all around great guy. You can find him on his days off planning the next big thing.</p>

class mbs means margin bottom small

See all the the Spacing Helper Class here.

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.