Covert plus does not send gmail adresses to Mailchimp

Hey,

I am trying to get an @gmail.com address to sign up to my newsletter. It works with my work work email, that has a domain extension. The gmail address only gets sign up to convert plus but does not go through to mailchimp. I get the message: “there was an issue with your reques”.
If I sign up with my work address it works ok.

I have only one field (email) on my slide-in and I have turned off double opt-in and recaptcha.
Where could be the problem?

Thnx

Hello Barbara,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

Please take a look at following thread for some solutions and let us know the outcome:

Thanks.

Hi Prasant,

I got through this posts but I did not find a solution.
Anything else I can try?

Hello Barbara,

Please check your convertPlus form if it matches with your Mailchimp. They must match like fullname and email address so that there will be no errors during the submission.

Use this thread as a reference:

If nothing is working, please provide the WP and Mailchimp credentials in a secure note so that we can check your settings. To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Please let us know how it goes.

Hi RueNel,
I tried multiple names, but none of them worked. Now it even stopped working with my work address … :(. I think that this can’t have anything to do with the label mismatch, because it worked with my work account address but not with a common gmail.
What am I missing? I read something about clearing the cache…how do I do this?

Hi Barbara,

It looks like an issue with mailchimp Limitations of Free Email addresses

Please refer to the link below for more information

Thanks

Hi Paul,
I changed my domain email address at mailchimp to my work address, I verified the domain. But the problem remains, I still get the errror. The subscribers get added to ConvertPlus list, but don’t make it to mailchimp.
I can’t just leave the addresses on convert plus because of the GDPR.

Hi Barbara,

You mean the issue is only triggered with specific email address? Does your work email a gmail too (domain based but uses gmail app)?

Please provide the email address you’re testing with in the secure note. Please provide your site’s URL and admin login credentials as well.

Thanks!

Hi Rad,

Yes this is true. My work address got through to mailchimp but my personal (gmail) did not. My work address provider is also gmail. After I tried a few more things to make this work, my work mail also stopped getting to mailchimp and I got the same error.

Now I deleted the mailchimp addon, deleted the slidein and also the campaign.
After this I get a new error (there appears to be an error with the configuration) for both addresses (work and personal).

Hello Barbara,

Would you mind providing us the url of your site with login credentials as well so we can take a closer look at your settings?

To do this, you can make a post with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

Thank you.

Ok, here it is:

Hi Barbara,

Perhaps those email address are already registered to Mailchimp listing? I tried new emails and works just fine and only fails once an email is already there.

Please provide your Mailchimp account as well so I could verify.

Thanks!

Hi Rad,

your sample email address did not get to mailchimp. Actually none of them got through. I tried with samplesample@gmail.com, and I got a Thank you message, but it only got to convert plus list. The mailchimp list is still empty.

Hello Barbara,

I have logged in and added 3 emails. Only one went through in Mailchimp. This could be because your email has not been verified.

If nothing is helping, please go over this documentation and recall how you have created your slide in.

Please see the secure note.

Hi RueNel,

actually I can’t verify it, because it’s a free address. I tried to add my work address, but after I put in the verification code, it does not show up. I don’t know why it does not show up. I tried it multiple times.

However I did manage to get my work domain under the Domains Settings and it is verified. But now it says I should authenticate it…do you know if I really need to do this?

Hi Barbara,

On some case, it’s not needed but for security purposes, yes, please authenticate it. Plus, before an email get added to MailChimp, the subscriber needs to confirm it first and he needs to do that by logging on in his email and confirm it.

Thanks!

Hi Rad.

I made my self a real email and I did the verification and authenitfication.
But I will try to add the popup form I made with mailchimp to my website, because I want to keep the number of plugins and potential troubles to minimum :). So I won’t be using Convert Plus anymore.
I just want to know now, where do I need to paste the code for the pop-up form I designed in mailchimp?

Thanks

Hello Barbara,

Since you are no longer using ConvertPlus, you can use content area element and place the form code from Mailchimp if you want it to appear on a page. If you want the form to display in a pop up modal, you may still need ConvertPlus to display the popup.

Hope this helps.

Hi RueNel,

I actually gave another try to ConvertPlus… Is there an option to connect the GDPR fields from the mailchimp with the fields on the converplus slide in?