Counter Not Working Below Slider Revolution

Hi,

I have a site that has a counter element located in a section above a Slider Revolution section. I have another one (on the same page) below the Slider Revolution. The one above works fine, the one below is stuck on 0 until I right click and do an “Inspect” (in Chrome) - then it starts counting! Any idea what is wrong or how to fix this please?

Thanks,
Jon.

Hello Jon,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

Please try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Thanks.

Thanks @Prasant, unfortunately that hasn’t helped.

From observing the behaviour on my phone and moving some elements around I believe the problem is caused by the Counter not thinking it is visible.

On my phone, where the elements wrap and provide a scrollbar, once I scroll to the counter it starts counting.

On the desktop I’ve set the Revolution margins to add a 80px space at the bottom of the homepage so the counters are always visible, but it seems they don’t realise they are visible.

I think this is also why the Chrome “Inspect” panel triggers the counting - because it activates the scroll bars and I have to scroll down to see the counters.

I couldn’t see any options on the counter element that would “Count when not visible” - is there any way I can set an option like that? (maybe with CSS?)

Thanks for your help and your quick reply.

Jon.

I’ve PM’ed you the site URL in case that helps. Thanks.

Hi Jon,

The counters are being triggered when it reaches about half of the screen your viewing.

I think there is not enough space below for the counters to reach the trigger point.

To test, please try to add something below your counter so it can reach about half the screen when you scroll.

If that is not the case, please provide us the exact url of the page in Secure Note

Thanks

Thanks @paul.r, yep that’s definitely the issue. Adding content below works. Is there anyway to change the trigger behaviour either through settings or some custom JS/CSS on the page please?

I’m hoping to have a full page home page (without scrollbars) that has:

• Menu Bar (80px Height)
  • Slider Revolution (Remaining Height)
  • Counters (80px Height)

Thanks for your help.

Jon.

Hi Jon,

Unfortunately, it is not possible to do so as it is part of the core functionality of the theme and embedded to the minified Javascript file which you can not override.

I am afraid you will need to add extra elements after the countdown or consider using 3rd party plugins. I did a google search regarding this that might help you.

Thank you.

Thanks Paul. Is there any possibility this could be put on a feature request roadmap (as a configurable setting) for a future version please? Thanks for sending through those suggestions, I will take a look at them. I’d really like to avoid having to buy a plugin for this as it’s the same functionality I’ve already bought with X theme. Thanks for your help. Jon.

Hi Jon,

I will add this in our Feature request list. This way it can be taken into consideration for future development. All of these items are discussed with our team internally and prioritized based on the amount of interest a particular feature might receive. Thanks!

Thanks Paul. Much appreciated.

You’re welcome! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.