Could not establish connection. Please help

Hi, I can’t validate my site. I have followed all your steps and need help. Thanks

Hey @marketingsuccess1,

Thank you for following the possible solutions in our Troubleshooting - Validation Connection Issues. I just like to clarify if your web host followed the suggestion you sent them. Did they advise you of their findings of the error? I’m referring to the Contact your host section of the article.

Please note that it’s important to get the web host’s feedback as this issue involves them. If they will not follow our recommendation, you can’t verify our products in that host.

Would you also mind providing the following information in a Secure Note so we could do our investigation?

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • FTP access

Thanks.

Hello @marketingsuccess1,

Thanks for writing in! As it turns out, you are using a very old version of the X theme that still uses API key. This has been long deprecated and will no longer work. You will need to update your site manually. Since you gave us access to the ftp, I went ahead and resolve the issue for you. You now have the X 7.0.4 and have been validated as well.

Please check your site now.

Thank you very much! However, I have so many sites I may have some other issues. Can you please outline the steps I will need to correct those sites as well? Thank you, Jeff

Hey @marketingsuccess1,

When you said this in your first post:

I was expecting you have followed all the solutions provided here in our forum and that includes ensuring everything is up to date that’s why I only mentioned asking your web host for the details asked in our Troubleshooting - Validation Connection Issues guide.

Please detail what you have tried to fix the issue next time. If everything is already up to date, please review that troubleshooting guide and provide the details asked from your web host.

If you’re experiencing issues other than the validation one, here are the steps again to check if the issue is coming from our theme.

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

2. If you’re using a caching plugin, temporarily clear all caches then deactivate your caching plugin and other optimization plugins. Then, clear your browser’s cache.

3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and temporarily disable optimization services.

4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

5. If you’re using a child theme, switch to the parent theme. This will quickly tell you that a custom code in your child theme is causing the issue.

6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-backup. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button. If you’re not familiar with htaccess files, please contact your web host to assist you with this.

7. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

If none of that helps, please open a separate thread for each of your sites that are having issues and give us WordPress Admin and FTP access.

Don’t forget to detail what you have tried and also detail what the issues are.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.