Corrupted theme/wordpress/network? - resolved

This is a add on to a topic that was recently closed.
I was going to reply inline but it seems to have gotten closed and locked.
This topic here is related: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/verifying-license-non-responsive/36252

I am still dealing with the same issues.
It is as if the entire site is corrupted in various small ways that all seem to tie together. I am unable to do any normal activty.
To start with I tried to create another user account for a themeco support to be able to log in and I can not due to the “The Link you followed has expired” Error…, as seen by the img attached.

I also get Install failed when trying to add ANY new plugin… such as img below:

This was after the original issue I am having when trying to do an update on a plugin.
Themeco support was able to do the updates on their end but I think only through the FTP access I provided them, I am not sure how they did it as the standard wordpress method gives me a “update Failed -1” error, but it makes no sense that ANY computer I try on my network gives me the same error shown below:

Any kind of standard function within wordpress is trashed…so I am wondering if its the wordpress install itself…

I also updated X to PRO… no change.
I switched to other themes back and forth and still same issue.

I checked my other websites, such as regalmountainspas.com and everything works perfectly…
It is ONLY this website 4ucit.com that is giving me issues.

However there is 1 thing that really bugs me about this, when I call godaddy support and have them log in to wp-admin, they are able to click update for any plugin easily, and it updates quickly with no errors whatsoever.
The only thing I have not done yet is a fresh install of wordpress…

I am stuck, I have no idea what to do, it almost sounds like its a network related issue, but I have reset my router to factory defualt, flushed and registered dns, reset winsock, … I am out of ideas. =(

Hi @jaredcoleman1,

I am sure you will understand that the problem that you are experiencing is not related to our product as you already mentioned that the problem persists even when you use another theme other than ours.

Although we will do our best to help you to the best of our knowledge but it is important that you know we are not the correct people to check the matter and you need to follow up the case with your hosting service provider.

Now the common pattern that I see is that both us and the hosting service provider support can do the update, we used the FTP it seems, you need to ask the support of the provider if they used the FTP or the WordPress Admin. This is 100% a server issue and not related to our product.

I suggest that you use another machine and other internet connection to test the case also to make sure that the problem is not your local environment.

I strongly suggest that you follow up the case with your hosting service provider.

Thank you for your understanding.

Yes Sir,
I think this theme is the best.
I love it, works great on my other sites!

I think the problem lies with my hosting provider.

Is there any chance that this theme could get corrupted from doing a migration from one host to another?

Problem is I have been in contact with godaddy multiple times and it all leads to no where… I think they might be incompetent… there has to be a way that I can show them a debug or something that would reveal to them that the problem is on there end.

Thanks for your help, I love X and PRO themes!, They are the BEST!

Hello There,

This issue must be related to the settings in your server where in the upload limit is restricted or max out. Please check this similar issue: https://wordpress.org/support/topic/the-link-you-followed-has-expired/

If you have ftp access, you might be able to resolve it and change some of the settings that might resolve the issue. Do you have ftp access? Please share it in a secure note in your next and we might be able to help you out.

Best Regards.

Welp… guess I need to mark this resolved…
I have no idea what I did…but everything is working now.

All my browsers are the same, FF, IE, Chrome… however the ONLY way I can get anything to work is by running Chrome in “incognito Mode” … and then doing updates, creating users etc…
This leads me to believe malware or a virus is affecting my ability to do anything… however Both Comodo Premium, and MalwareBytes detect nothing…

Either way, at least I can get in and do what I need to do now, even though I have to do it through incognito mode in chrome as my only option…

Very odd this is the only site I have that this happens, but at least I can do what I need to do.

Thank you all for your patience, I still have no idea what the problem is or why its happening, but at least I can work now… the last thing I may need to do is reinstall all my browsers…

Thanks All =)

You’re most welcome! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.