Cornerstone + WPML

Hello,

I am using the cornerstone plugin on a non-x-theme site usingg WPML

I have created my pages in English and then I click the Danish button to duplicate and add the danish content. This all works great UNTIL I got back to edit the pages later and I edit the English and click the danish button and my danish page is overwritten with the English version again.

I have had to re-make this page several times now and it is very frustrating. I also can’t hand over the site to my client this way.

Am I doing something wrong here?
Thanks,
Lori

Edited to add: I tried completely exiting cornerstone and switching to danish in the admin to make my edits and it still overwrote with the English version of the page.

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! When using WPML + Cornerstone to build the page and translate it later on, you will have to do the following:
1.) Please duplicate the English version of the page.
2.) Please edit the English version of the page in Cornerstone and save it as a Cornerstone template. To know how you can work with Cornerstone templates, please check this out:

3.) Save the template to your computer.
4.) Open the duplicate version of the page and edit it in Cornerstone.
5.) Go to the Layouts tab and import the Cornerstone template.
6.) Once you have successfully duplicated the page using the template, you can start your translation.

Hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes.

1 Like

So I should not use the language switcher within cornerstone? the bottom right corner buttons?

Hi There,

Yes, that is correct. Version 2 elements is still not supported by WPML. So yes, we have to duplicate and rebuild/translate the page on a different language.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.