Cornerstone wouldn't download and now I can't access my site

I talked my boss into switching to x theme because I was familiar with it, but the cornertone wouldn’t download, and now I can’t get to my wordpress dash board. Here’s the error I get.

Fatal error: Call to undefined method WPCF7_ContactForm::id() in /web/htdocs/www.tecnotiles.us/home/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/elements/classic/_alternate/contact-form-7.php on line 27

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in! Probably you’re using an older version of X theme and Cornerstone plugin or your Contact 7 form is outdated.

You can delete the Cornerstone plugin folder through by connecting to your FTP (/wp-content/plugins/ cornerstone /). All the data will be saved in the database, so that you can safely delete the Cornerstone directory.

Then you should be able to login to your WordPress back-end. Check for outdated plugins or theme and update it first. You can refer to our version information listed here (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195).

Once you update everything, head over to X -> Validation section and wait for few seconds to install the latest version of Cornerstone plugin automatically. Also you can find the Cornerstone.zip file when you download the latest X theme from your Envato account under (x/framework/plugins/).

Thanks!

Thanks mldarshani! As soon as they give me access to the back end, I’ll do that. I just bought X Theme, so it must be something with the site itself. I couldn’t even validate the theme purchase code.

I’ve asked for access to the host site so I can make any changes necessary and start over. I’ve used X-theme on my personal site and I really love it, so I hope I can get it going on this one.

Thanks for the update!

Let us know the result when you do this.

Thanks

Any tips for deleting the entire file folder? I only have access to the FTP folder.

Hello @TecnoTiles,

Thanks for updating the thread. :slight_smile:

Please login to FTP using software’s like Filezilla (it’s a free application). After that all you need to do is delete Cornerstone folder from /wp-content/plugins/ directory. I am sharing a tutorial that you can refer to get started with FTP and Filezilla. I am also sharing the link that you can use to download Filezilla.

https://filezilla-project.org/download.php?type=client

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.