Cornerstone + WooCommerce conflict

I’ve tried all of the suggestions I’ve read throughout the forum regarding Cornerstone not loading. This seems to happen with every site I use Pro and WooCommerce on. I can not edit any pages, header, footer or theme options while I have WooCommerce enabled. I get an error saying “The preview was unresponsive after loading. This is most often related to a plugin conflict or aggressive page cacheing.” Can you please let me know a real fix to this continuous problem?

Link: http://woocommerce-139847-405848.cloudwaysapps.com/

1 Like

Hi,

Thanks for writing in!

It is most likely a memory limit issue.

Please contact your host and request to increase your php memory limit and maximum execution time.

memory limit = 512M
maximum execution tim =300

You can also do it yourself by adding the code below in your wp-config.php file located at the root directory of your site.

set_time_limit(300);
define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '1024M' );

Please add it before this line

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

Thanks

That was a suggestion I had already tried. My memory limit is 512, and max exec is 300. I also tried renaming .htacess, re saving permalinks. Still not working unless I deactivate WooCommerce.

Hi @benkurbis

To allow us investigating this issue, please provide WordPress Dashboard login details in a “Secure Note”.

Thanks.

Hello @benkurbis,

Thanks for sharing the details. :slight_smile:

I can confirm that on your website pages are not loading in Pro Theme Content builder. Upon logging I installed WP server Info plugin, just to see configuration of hosting you have and all the settings seems to be ok. I checked the version compatibility guide to see the current supported version of WooCommerce we are providing and as of today the supported version of WooCommerce is 3.3.5. Further investigating, I see that you are using an old version of WooCommerce 3.3.3. https://cloudup.com/cNib8dCnvO3

Can you please update WooCommerce to the latest supported version and then see how it goes? Running old version of WooCommerce and plugins can cause conflicts. I am sharing links to the version compatibility guide and out plugin update guide.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

Updated WooCommerce to 3.3.5 and the problem continues.

Hi @benkurbis

Please try replacing the theme woocommerce templates files in (pro/woocommerce/) folder with the same files from a fresh download, also please provide us with FTP login details in a Secure Note to continue debugging this issue.

Thanks.

Replaced the woocommerce folder, unfortunately this did not fix the problem. I have updated the secure note with my FTP credentials.

Hi,

Can you confirm that you have tried testing for plugin conflict.

There are hundred of sites that uses woocommerce and pro but are not having this issue.
Our demo sites and test sites also have woocommerce installed and are working fine.

I can see you have lots of woocommerce addons plugins, can you try deactivating it one by one then check each time if the issue is resolved. This is so we can narrow down what is causing the problem.

If you cannot do that in the live site you can create a staging site and do the test from there.

Thanks

Tried disabling all plugins except woocommerce, and continued to have the problem. Once I deactivated woocommerce, the problem went away. Then I tested in Safari, and Firefox and everything worked great with all plugins active. Not sure why I didn’t try this earlier, but it seems the problem is with Chrome. Either way I can continue in a different browser. THanks for the help.

Glad to hear it’s sorted.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.