Cornerstone won't open any page CONTINUED

Hi there,

That’s the master values, but if you’ll check on WP Server info, the local value is 0 for max execution.

max_execution_time 0

The one being pickup by Wordpress is the local value instead of master value of 300. Could you try setting the local value to 300 too? You may want to contact your hosting provider. Master value are like default values which can be overriden. https://stackoverflow.com/questions/19520744/what-is-the-difference-between-local-value-and-master-value

Thanks!

I got host tech back online and they don’t see where it says 0. Both of them have logged in, seen the issue and found nothing on the server side. Again, I suggest this is not a timeout issue, since

1. some pages with lots of content open fine, whereas
  2. other pages with zero content won’t open.
    This seems to be a THEME issue…
    L

Maybe Pro got corrupted… is anybody else out there having this issue??
If so, is anyone finding a solution?
Maybe entirely wipe out Pro and reinstall (if this can be done WITHOUT harming my content?)
I need to edit my pages and am entirely handicapped / unable to do so. Complicated pages are very cumbersome to navigate in “skeleton mode.”

Hey There,

To update pro, please do the following:

• You can logged in to your ftp and browse to the themes folder.
  • Create a folder new-pro
  • Upload the Pro theme files in the newly created new-pro folder
  • Once everything is upload, rename the pro folder into old-pro
  • Rename new-pro folder into pro

This steps should update the Pro theme files. When everything is working perfectly, you may delete old-pro folder.

Please let us know how it goes.

Reviewing part 1 of this issue reveals we basically already tried a more aggressive version of this, which was to revert entirely back to a new installation of the old version of X… (we did this on the site www.tellasia.org which is having the same Cornerstone opening problem).There was no change to the problem.

Hi Leanna,

I understand that it’s been a while that we are in a back and forth and you and we were unable to find the problem on your specific case.

I am really not sure why this is happening on your installation. We have many other installations that do not have such a problem. Maybe the conversion you said from X to Pro did not work well. I am not sure.

The important thing to rule out is the server related problem possibilities, not only the timeout but the mod_security rules and other environmental factors.

I suggest that you move your website to another server or your local machine and check the case. That way at least we will make sure that the problem is not server related.

If the problem is not that, then it might be a problem of the database as you say some pages work and some not. I have never encountered such an issue. The only thing that comes to my mind is to clear the database transient cache that might help. For that, you will need to install this plugin.

Thank you.

hi Christopher,
appreciate your suggestions. I tried to install Transient Cleaner both via add plugins and also ftp but it won’t activate. This is dragging on… What would you guys charge to fix this for me?

Hi @Leanna,

The best approach for now to narrow down the troubleshooting for possible causes is cloning your site to a different host for testing, and for comparison.

I’m not sure why your host didn’t see the 0 max execution time, I checked again and yes, the local value is now set to 300 instead of 0.

I’ll continue checking for now.

Thanks!

hey Rad, truly appreciate that! Well the instructions to move it entirely to a different host sounds both time consuming and difficult for a non-programmer like me. I’ve spent way more time fighting this than I can afford out of my extremely busy schedule as a nonprofit director (i end up chasing these issues because none of my staff members even understand basic html) I’m at the point I’m glad to pay something to get this fixed by someone who knows what theyr doing.

Hi Leanna,

Unfortunately, we do not have any paid support service for this matter. I suggest that you check for freelance developers in the social media.

We are really sorry for the inconvenience, but indeed your case needs more detailed attention and the steps we asked you to do is the way to find out if it is related to the server or the database problem.

Thank you for your understanding.

Rad - earlier you identified error "Uncaught TypeError: Cannot assign to read-only property ‘contains’ of object ‘[object Array]’ on page https://www.tellasia.org/about-us/ and said you could diagnose it if I set up a Staging site. I’ve set up the site which is https://leannacinquanta.com/leannacinquanta1/? - would you mind checking on that - prhaps there is an error on each page that won’t open… but that doesn’t explain why a BRAND NEW page won’t open either! So maybe that is a rabbit trail…
I’m afraid to hire those freelancers from India as last time I did I got full of malware, and the US freelancers cost too much…

Hi there,

The purpose of staging is to test it in different environment. And what you did is just staging through plugin which basically, just the same installation, same instance, and same issues. Have you tried staging to a different host (must not have internal caching)

Hence, it’s only normal if we’ll see the same issue. And the purpose of that staging is also to narrow down the search but we can’t assure that we could diagnose the real cause. The direction we’re looking at now is host environment since the theme and plugin works on other hosting.

Thanks.

ok I signed up on Hostgator and moved www.leannacinquanta.com over to them and guess what - same problem. Therefore I guess we can rule out server issues. Since this isn’t a problem on X Theme where I never upgraded to Pro, at least plz help get Cornerstone functional back on X Theme and get rid of Pro entirely. NOTE I already tried switching back to X Theme but whatever corruption Pro has introduced to these two sites is causing Cornerstone to continue giving the error even after downgrading.
Hostgator tech says please tell them what are the PHP Variables of the X Pro theme so they can set them accordingly in the server (at least that’s how I understood it). Not sure if that will solve anything?
Are there any clues here? https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/cornerstone-content-builder-custom-elements/217

Hey Leanna,

Since you already moved to HostGator, could you please provide us access to the site and to your FTP so that we can test this new server and maybe figure out what is the caused of this problem? This issue is something unique to your installation since there are X/Pro users using Hostgator with no issues at all.

To do this, you can make a post with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

• HOSTGATOR FTP Hostname
  • HOSTGATOR FTP Username
  • HOSTGATOR FTP Password

Thank you.

Thank you! See secure note…

Hello There,

I have logged in and edited your wp-config.php file.
I added this:

set_time_limit(600);

This line is suppose to increase the PHP time limit because currently it is set to zero. This line does not change anything. It seems as if the server is blocking and imposing to have 0 PHP time limit. Could you contact your hosting and ask them to make sure that your PHP time limit is at least 600. We can easily check all these variables in WooCommerce > Status. Zero PHP time limit will prevent Cornerstone or Pro editor to load.

Please let us know how it goes.

1 Like

Good try… but I attempted to open a page in Cstone in two browsers - no change, same problem. Ok I finally got the FTP info but it’s not working yet, they say it’s because the site is still propagating, but it shows fully propagated…

Ok I got the FTP info: see note.

Hi @Leanna,

As @RueNel said, he already changed the limit to 600 and it remains 0. And with 0, the builder will not work. Have you contacted your hosting provider about that? If not, then yes, there will be no change and will be the same.

I’m also baffled but this page https://www.tellasia.org/about-us/ (page ID 260) it doesn’t exist in your pages or posts but viewable on that URL. Maybe it’s related to propagation and what I’m seeing is still the old site, in that case, let’s wait for 24 to 48 hours for propagation and let us know. That could be the reason why it still displays 0 as we still see the old one (from old host), let’s check it again later.

Thanks!

Note that the site we’re working on (and which we moved from Inmotion to Hostgator for the purpose of diagnostics) is www.leannacinquanta.com, not www.tellasia.org. I logged into tellasia.org and “about us” is there in Pages. Try searching “about” you’ll see it.

You noted that @RueNel changed the limit to 600 “and it remains 0” - I called Hostgator and they accessed wp-config and noted that “set_time_limit” was set to 250 so they upped it to 600. Meanwhile I accessed the previous wp-config on Inmotion server and noted the time limit there was already set to 900. So please guide me to understand where is it that “0” is showing up?

Hi Leanna,

Head over to the link in the secure note and then click on the display PHP information.

Then find following value in the browser (max_execution_time).

On top of the column, you will see Local and Master values as my colleges mentioned above.

Hope that’s clear now.
Thanks!