Cornerstone won't load!

Hi,
I use Theme X in WordPress. Everything used to work fine, but recently every time I try to edit a page in Cornerstone, I get a spinning circle that never ends (shown below). I’ve tried updating Theme X and everything else, but Cornerstone still won’t work. Can you help?
Thanks!
Adriana Heim

Hello Adriana,

Sorry to hear that Cornerstone is not loading. Can understand the feeling when things don’t work out as they are supposed to. I am glad that you reached out for help.

I am sharing few solutions, please try them out and let us know how it goes.

1. On the website (url in secure note) I see that you are running Jetpack on the website. Please try to deactivate the same and see if Cornerstone works. Test for other plugin conflicts as-well.
    1. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.
  2. Increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.
  • Make sure that you’re running at least PHP v5.6.x or later to avoid any WordPress related incompatibility issues. If you’re not sure what your server configurations and settings are, install a plugin like WP-Serverinfo (https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-serverinfo/) and check your server info by head over to Dashboard -> WP Serverinfo area.
  • Check your PHP Max Execution Time and set it for 300 for optimal usage.

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case. Also can you please give us to the permission to troubleshoot the problem? We may have to perform some tests on the website which may effect the performance, appearance, layout and functioning of website temporarily.

Thanks.

Thanks for getting back.

I tried the first step. Still not working.

For #2-5 you gave me, I honestly have no idea how to do any of that.

If I hand over my site to you to troubleshoot, will it look and function the exact same way I have it now when you are finished?

Thanks!

Hi there,

In that case, would you mind providing your admin login credentials in a secure note? I like to gather information first.

For the meantime, please try changing this custom code

(function($) {
    $(window).scroll(function() {
    	if ($(window).outerWidth() > 767) {
	         if ($(this).scrollTop() > 0) {
	            $('.masthead-stacked').css({
	                'position': 'fixed',
	                'width': '100%',
	                'z-index': '1025'
	            });
	        } else {
	            $('.masthead-stacked').css('position', 'relative');
	        }   		
    	}

});

to this,

(function($) {
    $(window).scroll(function() {
    	if ($(window).outerWidth() > 767) {
	         if ($(this).scrollTop() > 0) {
	            $('.masthead-stacked').css({
	                'position': 'fixed',
	                'width': '100%',
	                'z-index': '1025'
	            });
	        } else {
	            $('.masthead-stacked').css('position', 'relative');
	        }   		
    	}

});

});

It’s currently triggering Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected end of input which may be affecting the loading process.

Thanks!

So I tried using a different computer today, and it turns out that Cornerstone is actually working for my site. Could it be that the reason Cornerstone wouldn’t load on the computer I was using previously was because the browser wasn’t updated?

Hi Adriana,

That might be the problem cause. We recommend that you have the latest version of the Chrome browser or Firefox browser to work with Cornerstone.

Thank you.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.