Cornerstone won't load preview

Getting the message “The preview could not load. This is most often related to a plugin conflict or aggressive page cacheing. Checking the developer console for erros could indicate what went wrong.”

I’m using the revolution slider and the robo gallery pro plugins. That’s it for plug ins. The problem remains when i deactive them. Any way to help me out?

Hello @beastyc10,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

1. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.
  2. Increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.
  3. Make sure that you’re running at least PHP v5.6.x or later to avoid any WordPress related incompatibility issues. If you’re not sure what your server configurations and settings are, install a plugin like WP-Serverinfo (https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-serverinfo/) and check your server info by head over to Dashboard -> WP Serverinfo area.
  4. Check your PHP Max Execution Time and set it for 300 for optimal usage.
  5. Try increasing your PHP Memory limit. You can do this by editing your wp-config.php file which can be located under the root of your WordPress installation.

Add the following lines into that file.

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

You can add it before the line
/*That's all, stop editing! Happy Blogging. */

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

Hey Rebecca,

Cornerstone loads fine on my end.

Is there a specific page the issue is happening?

Also try clearing your browser cache, check in incognito mode and try other browsers.

Thanks.

Yes, it’s weird, some pages load, some don’t. The page i’m trying to edit is the portfolio page. I’ll try clearing the cache.

Clearing the cache didn’t work. I still can’t edit the portfolio page. I also tried viewing in firefox but same issue. I’m not sure what incognito mode is??

Also, do you know why the PHP doesn’t look updated in WP even though i updated in the GoDaddy account?

Hi There,
Thanks for the confirmation!

Please check this for incognito mode clarification.
https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95464?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid

Regarding the portfolio editing issue, I can see the cornerstone is not set up for portfolio pages. X-> settings

Now I have set it up for you, You can now edit portfolio pages too. Also, I have created one sample portfolio page and its working fine.

Please confirm how you are checking for PHP update. If you have updated through Godaddy account there no issue at all.

Thanks

I think I need to be more specific about the portfolio page. It is not the portfolio tool in WP, it is just a regular web page called “portfolio” and all i want to do is put 4 buttons on it leading to other pages with galleries on them.

And regarding the PHP, it looks updated now. It must just take a little bit to catch up.

I changed the page name to have an “s” at the end “portfolio(s)” and now I’m able to open in cornerstone. Ultimately I just want it to say “portfolio” singular though. Is there a conflict between having a page named “portfolio” and actually using the portfolio tool in WP? Can the two be considered separate somehow?

Hi @beastyc10

That’s indeed a permalinks issue, I’ve created a demo page with the name/slug as “portfolio” then I couldn’t initiate the Cornerstone builder, when I switched the permalinks settings to “Plain”, it worked.

Another work around is to set the Publish state of this page to “Draft”, the builder will work also in this state.

I recommend reporting this issue to your hosting provider as it returns “404 Page not found” with any of the permalinks formula.

Thanks.

thank you. i figured that was the case. I have successfully edited the page in draft mode. : )

We are delighted to assist you with this.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.