Cornerstone won't load on existing and new pages

Hi guys,
Cornerstone has stopped loading on my home page and on any new pages. Nothing has changed - no new plugins, no conflicts. I’ve cleared caches. Cornerstone will open on my About page, but not Home, and not on a brand new page that I try to create.
Could you guys offer some advice please?
Thanks.

Hi Rachael,

Would you please explain what do you mean by stop loading? Does it freeze on loading? Or the Edit with Cornerstone button is gone?

If the button is gone please make sure that you enable the Cornerstone for the pages in Permissions section. For more information kindly click here.

If it freezes there might be several reasons and you need to follow the steps below:

1. I understand that you said there is no conflict, but I wonder how you checked that? The recommended way is to disable all plugins except Cornerstone and then check to see if it works.
  2. You have a Child Theme installed. Please change back to the parent theme and test the case.
  3. Increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.

kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case if you still have problems.

Thank you.

No it’s not the button, it’s the entire editor. As I said, it works on some pages, but not the home page and not any new pages I create.
The PHP memory is set at 512.
I’m aware of how to test for plugin conflicts and have done so.
I’ve cleared pages cache.
I am not switching to parent theme - I’m not a developer and it’s beyond my time or abilities to do so.

It’s also doing the same thing on a client’s website, and they have very few plugins (and yes, I’ve tested for conflict), PHP at 512, and no page cacheing.

This has happened before.

Hey Rachel,

Since you have done the basic troubleshooting, would you mind providing us access to your site so that we can check your settings and investigate further? Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Regards.

Thank you. Have sent details in a secure note.
Appreciate your help.
R

Hi Rachel,

I have logged in and investigated your issue. I created a test page and I was able to edit the new test page. When I edit your homepage, I am getting error 500 or fatal error which is also why you are seeing the error message:

The preview could not load. This is most often related to a plugin conflict or aggressive page cacheing. Checking the developer console for errors could indicate what went wrong.

Could you please disable your ModSecurity or at least whitelist the url I provided in the secure note?

Please let us know how it goes.

Thank you, I’ll do these now. I could access your test page, but when I created a new page just now and went to edit in cornerstone, the issue was still there. That same message.
I’ll let you know when I’ve done these things.

OK, Modsecurity is disabled.

Hi Rachel,

That seems to resolve the issue, I can now access your homepage and a new page in Cornerstone. But keeping ModSecurity disabled is not recommended, please contact your hosting support and request to whitelist only the x directory.

Thanks,

OK, thank you. Yes it’s worked for me too.
Can you tell me why this has happened? And why now after all this time?
As I mentioned, it’s happening on a client’s site too.

Glad its working now, an update or change on the server-end might trigger it.

Cheers!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.