Cornerstone Won't Load "LOADING Session Expired..."

I am getting this message whenever I try to edit a page on my X theme site with Cornerstone…

Loading…
Session expired

Please log in again. The login page will open in a new window. After logging in you can close it and return to this page.

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! This case could be related to your Site URL and WordPress address url. To resolve this, please check out this article: http://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-fix-wordpress-keeps-logging-out-problem/

If nothing helps, kindly provide your WP access in a secure note so that we can take a closer look. To know more about the secure note and how to get support, please check this: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Please let us know how it goes.

I have the same problem and my settings are correct.

It started right after updating cornerstone to Version 3.1.3.

I have X Version: 6.1.3.

1 Like

Hey There,

​To assist you better with this issue, would you mind providing us the url of your site with login credentials so we can take a closer look? This is to ensure that we can provide you with a tailored answer to your situation. Once you have provided us with your URL, we will be happy to assist you with everything.

To do this, you can create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

Thank you.

Hi @Bell,

The first issue is caused by the Facebook Like plugin. I went ahead and deactivated it and the session issue disappears, now the new issue is visible with this error.

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 40 bytes) in /*******/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/elements/mixins_setup/_bg.php on line 326

It’s trying to allocate a 67mb memory and it fails for more 40bytes. Which means, your site’s memory limit is too low. Please edit your site’s wp-config.php through FTP or through your hosting’s file manager then add this line just below the WP_DEBUG line.

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

Hope this helps.

I’ve done everything you said, and now its showing what appears to be a text only version of Cornerstone. Here’s what I get…

Loading…
Session expired

Please log in again. The login page will open in a new window. After logging in you can close it and return to this page.

Content Design engaging layouts throughout your site.
Templates Save and reuse snapshots of content.
Global Blocks Design once. Use anywhere.
Options Foundational styling for your site.
Exit to Dashboard
CSS JS SAVE
Preferences Colors Fonts Page Settings Cheatsheet
General
Title

camp180
Status
Publish

Parent Page
(no parent)

Page Template
Blank - No Container | Header, Footer

Responsive Text
Add New
Slider Settings: Above Masthead
Slider
Deactivated

Optional Background Video

Video Poster Image (For Mobile)

Enable Scroll Bottom Anchor
On
Off
Scroll Bottom Anchor Alignment
Top Left

Scroll Bottom Anchor Color

#ffffff
Scroll Bottom Anchor Color Hover

#ffffff
Slider Settings: Below Masthead
Slider
Deactivated

Optional Background Video

Video Poster Image (For Mobile)

Enable Scroll Bottom Anchor
On
Off
Scroll Bottom Anchor Alignment
Top Left

Scroll Bottom Anchor Color

#ffffff
Scroll Bottom Anchor Color Hover

#ffffff
Meta Settings
Body CSS Class(es)

Alternate Index Title

Disable Page Title
On
Off
One Page Navigation
Deactivated

Background Image(s)

Background Image(s) Fade

Background Images Duration

Save Page Settings
Content JS
Run Close Expand Collapse
Content CSS
Close Expand Collapse

Layout
Elements
Inspector
Load Template Save Template

No templates
Insert

Name Template
Save
Just getting started?
Add a section then click on it to manage column layouts or drag it to reorder.

Add Section

Section 1

Add Section
Classic Section - Section 1

Classic Row - Row 1

Classic Column - 1/1

XL 1200px & Up LG 980px-1199px MD 768px-979px SM 481px-767px XS 480px & Smaller
Loading…
The preview was unresponsive after loading. This is most often related to a plugin conflict or aggressive page cacheing.

Origin URL: http://rashadjenningsfoundation.com

Preview URL: http://rashadjenningsfoundation.com/camp180/

Try again

Hello There,

We need to investigate further. Could you please give us FTP details so that we can check your htaccess and wp-config.php file?
Please provide the following in a secure note.

• FTP hostname
  • FTP username
  • FTP password

Thank you in advance.

This isn’t anything to do with the site url/wordpress url as I have setup tons of these sites. I will get in touch with a secure note as I am unable to update the client live site.

Hello dj21,

I deleted the Secure Note as you added the secure note in a thread that you are not the original poster. The Secure Note is visible both to us and the original poster.

Please open up a separate thread and add the follow up and secure note.

Thank you for your understanding.

Hi,
Just in case this might help someone… I have been struggling with cornerstone 6.1.3 not loading for a couple of days and I was able to correct it on a staging site and a production site by upgrading to the latest version of WordPress and re-validating X from the cornerstone home section. (You also might want to check your php version). Although my version of X 6.1.3 says it is validated, my cornerstone home section is still telling me I have to validate cornerstone… but it works. None of the other advice got it to work and I tried everything I could find on the forum.
Hope this helps : )

2 Likes

I have this same problem. I have updated WP, the theme and all plugins. I have one by one turned off all other plugins in case there is a conflict and i also updated my php version from 5.6 to 7.2.

Cornerstone is still not working and I can no longer make any edits to my site.

Any other ideas?

Thanks for the suggestion, @mk_design. :slight_smile:

@rpcv, I have replied to the other thread where you have posted. Kindly check it and in case you are still having an issue, kindly post a new thread to avoid confusion.

Thank you,

@mk_design’s solution worked for me too, thank you. I would add depending on your update history you might also need to disable Visual Composer.

Glad to hear that. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.