Cornerstone won't load after update

So the site I’m working on is http://missionimpact.net and after doing a pro update and cornerstone update I can no longer make any page edits or add new pages. The content won’t save (shows error) and when adding a new page I get the spinning circle. I actually don’t need pro so if rolling back to X is an option to fix the issue that is fine.

If you need login credentials let me know.

Thanks,
Tanner

Hi There,

Could you please try adding the following code into your wp-config.php file in the root of your WordPress installation.

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' ); define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

If that doesn’t help, would you mind providing us with login credentials(by clicking on the Secure Note button at the bottom) so we can take a closer look? To do this, you can make a post with the following info:

• Link login to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password
  • FTP credentials

Thanks.

Hello There,

I se following issue/error message on your website Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal Server Error) http://missionimpact.net/cornerstone-endpoint 500 (Internal Server Error). What that error message tells us is that there’s something in your system preventing cornerstone-endpoint from loading thereby blocking Cornerstone from saving/functioning correctly. If you could contact your host and they should be able to whitelist the Cornerstone endpoint and get this working.

Please let us know how it goes.

Is this something new? I’ve had the same host for 5+ years and have never run into this problem. I really do feel like there’s something going on with the theme. I was able to edit the site as recently as 2 months ago

I’m also having this issue. Trying to load any /x themeco cornerstone pages or launch the X theme options returns a 404 page. This is definitely an issue with the recent update.

Hi there,

@davingreen It’s not due to update, else, everyone should get 404 when accessing the builder. The 404 is different from 500, the 404 only means that you have permalink issue. To fix that, please go Admin > Settings > Permalinks and save it (that action will flush the permalinks and assuming your builder’s base slug is /x/ saved in your cornerstone’s setting). This issue is very common regardless of theme or plugin and it happens if you create custom URLs, permalinks, post type’s rewrites and flushing the permalinks is the only solution.

@ponberries it can happen anytime even without updates especially for host’s that updates their system and environment. Updates could be done by anyone to anywhere but we’re not fully sure, so the only solution is to find the details of the said error. I’ll let you know if I find something.

Update: Are you on shared hosting? I see that you applied the memory limit to 256mb, but I installed a debug info plugin and it still not 256mb. That’s why I assumed it’s shared hosting since they usually don’t allow such changes. Second, your PHP version is still 5.4, Wordpress itself recommends 5.6 and above so please update that version too. New software comes along with new features which may not be applicable to the older environment. Plus, more features to come requires more resources to be used.

Plus, I can’t generate WP debug logs, maybe it’s restricted as well?

Thanks!

@Rad yeah it is shared hosting, I’m actually in the process of moving it over to a new host, so maybe this needs to be put on hold until that’s completed and then see if I still have issues. I’ll keep you updated

Sure, please let us know. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.