Cornerstone won't install

WPBakery won’t work for me. I noticed my Cornerstone plugin wasn’t activated. When I tried to activate it I got this message:

Plugin could not be activated because it triggered a fatal error.

Fatal error: Cannot declare class Cornerstone_Plugin_Base, because the name is already in use in /home/(my hosting account)/public_html/blog.donnabarnes.com/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/utility/plugin-base.php on line 6

So I tried deleting and reinstalling Cornerstone but I get this message: Installation failed: Installation package not available.

How can I reinstall Cornerstone successfully? And is the absence of Cornerstone causing WPBakery to not work?

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in!
Please delete the cornerstone folder from the plugins folder via FTP. Then go to X-> Validation. it will reinstall cornerstone.
If that doesn’t help please check your server writing permission.
https://codex.wordpress.org/Changing_File_Permissions

If that doesn’t help please send us your website details so that we can have a look.

Please provide following information:
Set it as Secure Note

• Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password
  • FTP credentials
    All the best!

Hi Donna,

Thanks for your clarification. We are really sorry for the confusion.
I thought you are using an X theme.
Pro doesn’t need a cornerstone separate setup. It has its own builder same as the cornerstone.
All you need to activate the X integration of the WPBakery.

Hope that helps.

Thanks

Thanks, I did that. But WPBAKERY Page Builder still doesn’t make any changes. I’m trying to edit my Blog posts page because it doesn’t give me the option to edit it with Pro. I can click add element and edit it but it doesn’t show on the page. I attached a screenshot. When I click preview it opens the home page of my site with no changes. If I click update it discards any changes I’ve made. I need a way to edit my blog posts page.

Hi Donna,

I just tried the WP Bakery builder and it works on your site and properly loading. And upon checking, the one you’re trying to edit is a blog index page in which you shouldn’t edit. The blog page is a reserved page used by Wordpress for displaying posts, and it uses templates. And you can only edit the blog page by editing its templates through custom coding and not by editing it through the builder.

Thanks!

That’s completely unacceptable! If I had known that I would have NEVER switched to this PRO theme. I would have stayed with X so I could have used a demo template. How can I use a demo in PRO? Or give me instructions how to edit the template to create an introduction something like in the demos.

Also, how do I get WooCommerce Page Builder? I’ve googled it but can’t find a download. That says it allows you to edit product pages at least.

I found a work around for my blog page by making another bar in the header and making it exclusive to the post page. But the existing bar I have sticky and now the new bar below it scrolls on top of the first bar. How do I layer it so that it passes under the sticky bar? https://blog.donnabarnes.com/blog/

Never mind I figured it out. For anyone else who is wondering I lowered the z index in setup by one to make it lower than the bar above it.

Glad to hear you got it sorted, Donna.

I’m trying to edit the templates for my category pages. How can I access the Template Hierarchy in Pro?

Hello Donna,

Thanks for updating the thread.

To avoid any confusion I request you to please create a new ticket as the problem you mentioned in this ticket is resolved and now the question you have asked is some what different. Posting multiple topics in same ticket create lot of confusion which slows down the response time.

Thanks for understanding.

I posted here in response to @Rad saying above " you can only edit the blog page by editing its templates through custom coding and not by editing it through the builder." but not offering instructions how to do that.

Hi Donna,

Sorry for the confusion, I’m only saying that you can’t edit the blog page with the builder. And if you wish to edit it, then it’s through custom coding which we don’t provide or cover here in the forum. And you have to contact a developer in order to do that. It’s both the same in Pro and X, because it’s Wordpress standard and not by our theme. We only styled and customized it to match the theme and stack design.

You can only edit the reserved pages like blog, archives, tags, and similar through custom coding of the templates. It’s not possible with any builder unless it’s a builder made for that purpose which I’m not sure if those exists.

Thanks!

I’m trying to work on the responsive settings in WPBakery but my version isn’t the same as in the knowledge base. https://kb.wpbakery.com/docs/learning-more/responsive-settings/

I find my version too basic and limiting (I hate it) How can I edit for different screen sizes?

Hello Donna,

Do you want to use the vanilla version of WPBakery Page Builder? Please disable the “Legacy X Integration” so that the plugin will be standalone and any theme integration will be remove. Only then you will see the same options as the one provided by the WPBakery documentation. You should be able to edit the page in different screen sizes.

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.