Cornerstone will not open

I am working on a new site and added the X theme and upgraded to the pro version. When I try to edit content, the animation for the blue version of Cornerstone pulses a few times and then stops. It never enters the the edit mode. I looked at some similar topics and took some of the advice inside, including adding information to the wp-config.php file. That did nothing. I have used the X Theme before on the same server and had no problem with Cornerstone, so I am at a loss for what’s wrong. If you need me to send my login information, please let me know. I am using the newest version of the Pro theme.

Hey @petera209,

Your login credentials doesn’t work. Could you tell us what solutions below you already tried?

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

2. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.

3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable/disconnect optimization services.

4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

5. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.

6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

7. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

Thanks.

Thank you for getting back to me. As far as the suggestions you made, here is what I have done.

1. The version of the Pro theme that I am using came from your website yesterday, so it is up to date.
  2. I cleared my browser cache and have no activated plugins on the site yet.
  3. Not using a CDN
  4. Again, I have no pugs activated as of yet so there would be no conflict.
  5. I have no custom css, javascript or templates
  6. On your advice, I reset the .htaccess file and then saved my Permalinks
  7. I made the change to my wp-config.php file

None of this helped. I am sending you my credentials again in the secure note. I gave you the wrong password accidentally.

Hi There,

Thank you for writing in, your issue is PHP Memory Limit you were only given 32M, you can see that on Dashboard > WP-ServerInfo

Please follow any of the guide here for increasing your PHP Memory Limit.

If none of those methods works, please contact your hosting support and ask how you can effectively increase your PHP Memory Limit.

While you’re at it, please also ask how you can increase the PHP Max Script Execute Time to 250s.

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.