Cornerstone will not load properly in X Theme

Every time I try to load Cornerstone to edit a page, the Cornerstone logo just spins in place. I’ve tried Chrome and Edge, and get the same results. I have all the most recent downloads, and can’t figure out why this is happening. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi there,

The login details you have provided doesn’t seem to work.

For the meantime, please make sure to check for the following first:

• We’d recommend that you increase your memory allocated to PHP if you haven’t done so already. To increase it, please edit your wp-config.php file and insert these lines:
    define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
    define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );
  • If the issue is still there, please make sure that you have everything updated to the latest version especially for X and Cornerstone. You can find more info about the support versions of X and its bundled plugins here.

• If you are still seeing an issue, please try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Let us know how it goes!

I fixed the info in the secure note. I also added the code to my wp-config.php, but that did not fix the problem. I’m assuming the issue has something to do with the installation of my SSL certificate? I can’t be sure, but I think that’s when it started. I’d appreciate any pointers!

Hello There,

Thanks for providing the information. I have logged in and investigated the issue. I found out that the Autoptimize plugin is causing the issue. I have temporarily deactivated the plugin as of the moment and I was able to load the pages in Cornerstone. Please test your site again. You can activate the plugin again once you are done with editing. Autoptimize and other caching plugin are best turn on when you are finish developing the site.

Please let us know how it goes.

Oh my gosh! That seems like such a “duh!” answer, but I completely forgot about the caching. Thanks so much!!!

You’re welcome!
We’re glad we were able to help you out.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.