Cornerstone will not launch after domain change

Good afternoon,

I migrated my website from a staging domain to a production domain, and now I can see the site with media links correct, etc., but in the the process something has gone wrong and I am unable to launch Cornerstone from the Dashboard. When I attempt to launch, I’m presented with a new Wordpress login screen.

None of the website files or databases have moved… only the domain was changed.

The website URL is wvwatercolorsociety.org. The now-defunct staging domain was newsite.wvwatercolorsociety.org

Thank you,

Kristen

Hi there,

Please kindly go to Settings > General and make sure the options below are set to the new domain:

Also, make sure that you read the article below:

https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/cornerstone-migration/126

Hope it helps.

Hi,

Domain is correctly set in Settings > General, and I did read and use the suggested migration plugin in the article you reference. I can access and use portions of my site from the Wordpress backend dashboard. It’s only those items that I designed with Cornerstone that are inaccessible.

My site didn’t physically move to a new server. I only modified the domain name to the production domain.

Once I changed the domain in my hosting account, I used the Relocate method described in the WordPress Codex to get myself back into the dashboard. Once in, I deleted the Relocate command from the config file as the Codex instructs. I then changed the General Settings in the dashboard to the correct domain (as you point out) and then installed and used the WP Migration DB plugin.

Is that the correct order of tasks I should have used, or do you suggest a different order?

Thank you.

Hello Kristen,

Thanks for writing in! Please login in to your new domain and make sure that the Site URL and WordPress Address URL (Settings > General) is the same as the your WP dashboard url. And then I think it is needed for you to run a search and replace. Search for newsite.wvwatercolorsociety.org and replace it with the new domain wvwatercolorsociety.org.

Hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes.

Check and Check. Both of these were done (the recommended migration plugin does the search and replace), as I have stated in my post.

I guess I’m starting over. I purposefully didn’t populate much on the site because I anticipated problems. I didn’t anticipate that the X Theme would be the biggest part of the headache and I’d be starting again from scratch.

Hello There,

Sorry for the inconvenience. There might be just a slight issue with your settings before or after the migration. Should you wish us to help, kindly provide us access to your new domain and we would be glad to take a closer look and find out whats wrong with it and figure out how it can be resolve.

Please let us know then.