Cornerstone Weirdness

Ok…I have read a number of cornerstone issues and tried many of the fixes but nothing works.

If I go to add a new page, hit Cornerstone and ‘Edit with Cornerstone’…it hangs for a second and then simply returns to the text tab.

I have cleared caches, ensured my PHP is at 7, reinstalled X and cornerstone, deactivated all plugins, etc.

This by the way is on a fresh Wordpress install. I downgraded to a previous version of cornerstone and it works. I am also able to edit a previously created page when I launch X and select content, but I can’t create a new page with Cornerstone.

Thoughts?

FYI…it doesn’t work on ANY of my other sites either…but as this site was new I was hoping for something different.

Hi there,

There might be many possible reasons for this which we encourage you to check the steps below and get back to us with the result of those tests:

If you still encounter the problem after doing the steps above kindly, get back to us with the URL/User/Pass of your website using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

Hey there,

I created a test page with Cornerstone and experience no problem.

Backend:

Frontend:

Please clear your browser cache or test in incognito mode.

Thanks.

Maybe I am doing something wrong. I tried after clearing cache, doing it in incognito and I also tried a totally cleared version of IE (I don’t use IE normally).

https://azninjutsu.com/wp-content/uploads/Capture-02.wmv

Check out a the screen capture I did to see what is happening.

Thanks!

Michael

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your video explaining the issue. When you create a new page or add a new page, make sure to add a page title as well so that WordPress will reserve your page link first for you to work.

Then head over to Cornerstone tab and edit is using Cornerstone.

Hope that’s clear.
Thanks!

Cool…this must have changed somewhere along the line! I still had to hit ‘Save Draft’ before it would work but I can do that.

Thanks!

Hi there,

Yes, for now, you have to save it as the draft. The builder data is tied to the post ID and the only way to have post ID is to publish it or save it as a draft. In older cornerstone, it saves it first as a draft once you click edit with cornerstone, which currently lacking on the current version. But this was added to our issue tracker and our developer will surely work on it.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.