Cornerstone v2.1.3 is broken, downgrading equals lost work!

My website only uses Cornerstone (not X, or PRO). The recent upgrade to v2.1.3 doesn’t save changes. I couldn’t update the margins for the sections - it would show correctly in the Cornerstone editor but the actual HTML doesn’t match. The LIVE preview is also broken so that any changes made are not seen in the live preview which is like working with one eye covered and one hand tied behind your back.

To add salt to the wound, I downgraded to Version 1.3.3 and now the pages I tried to create in v2.1.3 won’t load so I’ve basically wasted a bunch of time trying to work in the crippled v2.1.3 and now all the work I did manage to do is inaccessible and basically needs to be redone in v1.3.3.

I’ve been a long time fan of these products and this is by far the worst upgrade release I have ever seen - very very disappointing. I also can’t believe that the “stability release” is v1.3.3 which was released in February 2016 - are you telling me that every release since then is “unstable”?

1 Like

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! I can confirm that there was an error in the stability link. It is suppose to link to 2.0.6 and not 1.3.3. I will personally contact the person charge to correct this. Temporarily, you can download version 2.0.6 from here:

Hope this helps.

Thanks. This was very helpful. Any idea when the issues with 2.1.3 are going to be resolved?

1 Like

The issue you described sounds like it’s caused by caching and not the update because I have not experienced this in my test site. Did you follow our update guide? Please also try the following solutions.

1. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.

2. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

3. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

4. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.

5. Contact your web host to increase your allocated memory and max execution time.

Thanks.