Cornerstone upgrade problems 3

Hi there,

I’ve had 2 other threads on the same topic but different pages of our website. Now we are having the exact same problem but with a new page. I was using The Grid shortcode as advised, but I deleted that just to make sure it isn’t causing the problems. Since deleting the shortcode, we are still having the same problem.

The problem is Cornerstone is not previewing the page. It has the following error (see secure note)

Thanks!

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in and the details!

I edited the given page in cornerstone and it works absolutely fine. Without any error.
Not sure if you are facing any caching issue. Please clear your browser cache and recheck again.

Thanks

I’m not sure if it came right, but it’s definitely doing the same thing now.
Thank you.

Hi again,

I’d also like to ask how do I edit the height of the map on this page (secure note)
I’ve tried editing the embed google code and also adding a style but it’s not working correctly.

Any suggestions would be great.
Thanks!

Hey @hanri,

I got the error upon checking. Interestingly, it does not happen in your contact page. See the secure note for the details.

For the map height, please add this code to your Content CSS or Global CSS. Adjust the percentage value per your needs.

.x-map .x-map-inner {
    padding-bottom: 34.25%;
}

I’d recommend you separate non-related topics as this usually cause confusion in the long run.

Thanks.

Thanks for the feedback @christian_y

We didn’t actually have any cache plugin installed but I have now installed one and deleted the cache. It hasn’t made any difference.

All the elements on the page are Cornerstone elements, there are no plugins in the various sections of the page. Would this mean the error is in Cornerstone?

Its difficult to work on a page after a few hours it has an error, I then have to start the page over so I’m not making much progress. What would you suggest as a next step to try resolve this?

Thanks very much!

Hi there,

There are times when it loads, sometimes it won’t. Plus removing some element improves the loading speed, this could be performance related. Are you on shared hosting?

And it loads okay on pages with fewer content, perhaps, you can provide your FTP login credentials as well?

Thanks!

Hi @Rad,

We are on a dedicated managed server.

FTP details in the secure note.

Thanks for your help with this!

Hey @hanri,

I checked your setup and it looks fine except the Max Execution Time is set to 60. Would you mind contacting your host to increase it to at least 300?

There are reports of Cornerstone slowing down or getting stuck when there are many elements in a page. Maybe this is why the test page worked when I removed sections. There might be a performance improvement in the succeeding releases. Please see our latest status report in the News Archive for details of the coming update.

Thanks.

Hi there

We did as you suggested and changed the max execution time, this fixed the problem until right now. Suddenly the page is not previewing again.

Does it make sense that there is a limit to how complex the page can be in terms of elements inserted into the page through cornerstone? We can’t start our site over now, so we’re stuck using Cornerstone but now we can’t build the pages to be the way we want.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks very much for your help with this.

Hi there,

Looks like the cause of this issue is in the FAQ section of you page. Try deleting that section and it will load the preview just okay. I recommend saving your content as template first (as a backup).

Then narrow it down by deleting the element one at a time on that section (while testing).

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.