Cornerstone upgrade forces broken login

Hi,

Ive just updated to the latest version of X and Cornerstone. Now, when I try edit any page by clicking Cornerstone, I get taken to a forced log in page (although Ive already logged in) and where my log in credentials dont work.

This means I can edit any page now in Cornerstone or update my site. Ive tried this in two browsers, cleared cache and I get the same behaviour. Can someone take a look asap please.

Ill put login credentials in a secure note.

Thanks

On further investigation, this appears to be some clash with the WP-SuperCache plugin, Fast Velocity Minify plugin and with Cornerstone. I had to reinstall SuperCache to get anything to load, but I have to completely disable Fast Velocity Minify otherwise Cornerstone wont load at all and i get a 500 server error.

Is this a known clash with Cornerstone?

Hi There,

Could you please update your X theme & Cornerstone plugin to the latest version?

https://theme.co/changelog/

Also increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

Hi,

I’ve upgraded the memory and am running the latest version of X and Cornerstone (3.1.5). This is still a problem though and if I enable Fast Velocity Minify (with Supercache) Cornerstone becomes inaccessible.

Advice appreciated.

Hi @wbc,

Any cache plugin could cause this issue, users are advised to properly manage their caches. And please don’t enable minification since the theme and cornerstone’s CSS/JS are already minified. It’s the same reason we recommend turning off minification in CloudFlare or excluding builder’s URL.

I recommend contacting SuperCache about this to see what other options you have. Optimization plugin affects all features that use CSS and Javascript.

Thanks!

Hi,

Ive had another look. This is just a clash with the minify plugin. Supercache can be off and Cornerstone still wont start. Ive found that enabling minify has a pretty dramatic effect and reduces the page size and speed so I dont know what minification is built in to X but doesnt seem like its working very well.

Have you tested the latest release with Fast Minification and have you found any problems on your side?

Thanks.

Hi Will,

Actually, whatever minify plugin you use you need to exclude the Cornerstone and theme assets as those files are already minified and having the plugin minify the files again ruins the front end.

You need to make sure that all the JS and CSS files of the theme and Cornerstone are excluded.

Thank you.

Thanks - actually on Fast Minify theres a checkbox I didnt see which disables minification for logged in users which is designed for themes with page editors apparently. That seems to have done the trick.

Thanks for your help.

Glad that we could be of a help :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.