Cornerstone Update preventing elements from appear on site

Good day

After the last update from Cornerstone, I can add elements to a page but they do not appear on the website. I tried creating a new page but have the same issue; nothing added appears on the site.

Is there a fix for this? How can I roll back to a previous version?

Thanks!

1 Like

Hello there,

This sounds like a cache issue if the elements are still present when you save, exit Cornerstone and go back to Cornerstone but they are still not reflecting on your live site, please do the following:

1- Clean your browser cache and check it again.

2- If you have any cache plugins installed please flush the cache of the plugins.

3- If you are on Cloudfare make sure to flush Cloudfare cache.

4-If your hosting has cache, please flush this cache as well and test.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks

Hi Joao, I have tried these fixes and still experiencing the same issue? Anything else I can try?

Hi there,

It’s due to Autoptimize plugin, I went ahead and deactivated it. You may activate it again but make sure to clear its cache.

Thanks!

Hi there - I am still having the same issue. This started before Autoptimize was install. This error began after the last update. I am still unable to inset new elements into a page. As previously mentioned, please refer to the test page that I created. Elements ‘show’ present in Cornerstone but so not appear on live page. Please help me revert back to the previous version. This is very frustrating as I cannot make any changes to this site now.

The only way to roll back to the previous version is to restore from a database backup. Most web host have this feature. Please contact your web host to restore from a previous backup. If you want to continue troubleshooting, please try these additional solutions:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

2. Clear all caches (again) including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.

3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

5. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.

6. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

I have not encountered this issue when I updated my test sites and there’s no bug report about this. Cornerstone as well as other page builders could be affected by external factors like caching, optimizations and customizations. That is why you need to follow best updating practices.

Thanks.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.