Cornerstone Update, Lost all page info

I have a new wordpress install at va.northwaydesigns.com, when I update the plugin, I lose every shortcode I have.

Hey,

Please, could you be more specific about your question? Provide to us your WP credentials in a secure note too.

With this newest update, did you have other issues of a similar type? I think I saw some other posts…so I was really just waiting for an update on how they were handled.

My issue was the the Cornerstone Update, after applied, wiped out all my pages. I could see the shortcode, but it didn’t call out anything.

Hi There,

Thank you for the credentials, but would you mind to clarify the issue? or provide us steps on how we can replicate it. The site looks fine to me on the Cornerstone and on the front-end.

screenshot

What I see is the version of your X and Cornerstone is still a few update behind. Please update both to the latest version. (refer here for the latest compatible versions).

Updating Your Themes and Plugins

Remember to clear all caches (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) after updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Cheers!

I have now made changes to my pages with the most recent cornerstone updates installed and have again lost all the page information when I save. Please help http://va.northwaydesigns.com/

Another page, same issue…all CS contents disappear when changes applied and saved.
http://va.northwaydesigns.com/about-visible-applause-2/

Please, I’m under a deadline. I will have to revert to an old install to work on this.

Please help, I’m under a deadline. I will have to revert to an old install to work on this.

I had to uninstall and reinstall, backdate and update, used different theme downloads, and finally the pages are visible and editable…but not without a lot of quarks and many hours wasted. I didn’t do anything else…magically it’s fixed. No help from anyone there.

THIS LATE UPDATE is so quirky; things are disappearing, not responding to updates, you name it, it’s happening. I’m super disappointed in your customer service and this most recent update.

The update from today? Would you mind being more specific as to what you’re having problems with?

• X-theme update install wipes out cornerstone pages, I finally got the pages back on my own, but now without a lot of wasted hours.
  • Cornerstone new blocks won’t hold styles like classic blocks. I’m actually cutting and pasting things like “asdfasdf” from the new block into a classic text block to get it to work…same exact code, one works, one doesn’t.
  • New blocks allow errors, it’s happened a few times that I’m working too fast and I have left off a closing or whatever, and the whole page breaks. This was never a problem before.
  • About 10 times now, I’ll be working in Cornerstone and the whole page will go blank. I will have to refresh, unsaved, and lose all my work.
  • Some of the new blocks, like the new text block won’t allow for a style…that’s silly, or am I missing it?

Nothing you guys can directly help me with now…but hopefully you’re concerned about the issues I’ve mentioned.

Hi there,

We will double check the workflow regarding the case you mentioned. There is few point to consider that may help regarding the usage of new V2 elements:

• New elements does have separate styling capability using the options at hand in the element. That makes it be unique and in some cases not follow the overall look of the theme. There is a feature under development which will give you a templating possibility. So you will add the new element with the style you want and you can have a template of it to use in other sections of the same page or other pages.

• If you add a wrong HTML code such as a unclosed tag, it will break the page. That was the same case with the older elements either. We can not do anything regarding such cases.

• Having the page going blank is a serious issue and it must be related to something in your environment, as we did not have such a problem with our installation. Check for 3rd party plugin compatibility by deactivating all of them except Cornerstone and test the case. If it does not happen, then try to enable the plugins one by one to find the one responsible.

For your case, I suggest that you have a full back up of your website periodically till you find out the error cause.

Thank you.

I’m definitely backing up a lot, thanks!

Hey there,

I couldn’t replicate the issues you listed in my test site so this could be unique on your end. With that said, please copy your site over to a staging server, update it and if issues persists, please provide WP admin and FTP credentials of your staging site so we could investigate deeper.

Also, please do not add additional posts to your thread as that would move your thread further down the queue hence the delay. Please wait until we reply to your thread and if you’ll reply, give all the details you can post. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288 for more details. The forum is particularly busy during update releases.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.