Cornerstone update is awful

Editing text in cornerstone is painstaking… I hate that it forces me to work in a tiny box. Also, live previews do not work in cornerstone while I’m editing the page. The elements on the page remain as gray boxes.

Tried making a new page with the new elements, instead of classic, and after saving and leaving cornerstone to preview the page (since it wasn’t working in cornerstone), the preview page is blank. All the text I entered was not there.

Is there any way to go back to the old cornerstone??? I miss it. This feels like a massive downgrade compared to the old cornerstone.

2 Likes

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in! Please try purging your server cache before testing your site again. If that does not help, would you mind providing us with login credentials so we can take a closer look? Please provide following information:

Set it as Secure Note

• Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password
  • FTP credentials

Thanks!

I have to be honest, I prefer the older version too! Maybe I’m not tech savvy enough to notice the differences, but for me, the editing of text in a tiny box instead of a clickable pop out is a downgrade. Also, the learning curve for the new elements seems to be buried somewhere, like we are now using two products in one.

Good luck and fingers crossed the text editing gets changed back to the good old days :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nothing I enter in the Text element gets published onto the page. I have tried purging. This does not work. PLEASE go back to the old cornerstone or at least give us all the option to go back.

Hi There,

I took the freedom to update your X to the latest version available and as you can see the new text-box was implemented.

Regarding the elements never loading I could not experience it. If you face this issue again I recommend you hovering cache on your Wordpress top admin bar and flush/clean the cache.

Everything seems to be working as expected on your website with really good speed.

Hope it helps

This is still not working. Anything I input into the text field does not stay. If I click out of the text box, it goes back to:

“Input your text here! The text element is intended for longform copy that could potentially include multiple paragraphs.”

It’s saving the text I enter now, however, it is not using my website’s default font color (#566471) instead it is using black.

While trying to edit an existing page on my site in cornerstone, I get this message:

I purged my cache as you instructed, and it did not fix this.

Please help me roll back to the old cornerstone. My livelihood depends on my website and I really need to create new posts and edit existing posts/pages.

Hi there,

I understand that you encountered multiple errors which we will address for sure, but kindly consider that bumping to the thread without getting an answer from our side will slow down the reply process as the system resets the queue and it goes to the end of the waiting list.

Regarding the color of the text. If you are using the new text element you will need to go to the color settings and remove the default color from there. At the time being new elements do not get color from the theme unless you delete the default black color from the color field:

There is a feature request indicating this which one of our other customers asked to have that color picker no color by default which will get info from the theme options. I also added this thread to the feature request.

Regarding the error of the Cornerstone, I added a new page called Test Page, and added a template from the 30 Top … page called 30 Template. Then added the template to the test page and it worked fine. This shows that the problem resides outside of the Cornerstone.

Kindly check for the third party plugin conflict possibility by deactivating all of them except Cornerstone and check the case. If it fixes the issue for the page kindly reactivate them one by one to find which one is responsible.

Also, I suggest that you go to the Test Page settings in WordPress (Not Cornerstone) and try to add the settings with the same way the 30 Top … page has. See if in a step the conflict gets back to have more information.

I suggest that you for each case you open up a separate thread so we can tackle the exact case individually to be able to give you more specific and better suggestions.

Thank you for your patience and cooperation.

New thread: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/cornerstone-error-a-conflict-on-front-end-of-your-site/14112

Thank you. We will follow up the case there.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.